Easter has come and gone. We have had our fill of chocolate eggs and jellybeans. Now for a recap of events.
We had our annual ward Easter egg hunt. Luckily more than two families showed up this year. Unluckily, Audrey freaked out when the hunt started and I had to lug around sleeping 18lb Lily and try to guide Audrey to the eggs. As you would guess she came out with only about four or five. Luckily the Palmer genes passed to Julia and she sprinted her way to a bag full of eggs she was willing to share. Or "kind of" willing to share.
We whipped out the crayons, neon colored egg dye and had a great time of it. I love coloring eggs and seeing what everyone comes up with.
Lily participated by drooling all over her shirt. She was very helpful.
Bryan made an OSU egg and a Michigan stinks egg.
Julia takes all things arts and crafts very seriously.
Audrey just wanted Bryan to do her bidding. Actually, she always just wants Bryan to do her bidding so it really wasn't anything new.
We we also able to make a trip to Cincinnati to hang out with the Gaileys and have yet another Easter egg hunt. The kids all lined up ready to run.
Once again Audrey was weak on the egg collection. I figured it out this time though. She was discriminating against any egg that wasn't pink or purple.
The result of the hunt. The big kids fared pretty well and were very protective of their spoils. Some of the eggs even had quarters in them. Boy oh boy was that an exciting surprise. It may as well have been a thousand dollars to Julia.
Bryan decided to give Lily a try in the swing for the first time. She did not enjoy it. She got the quivers and shakes. Do you think that meant Bryan stopped immediately because it obviously scared her? Nope.
Don't worry. They're still friends. Lily is very forgiving.
Easter morning we had, you guessed it, ANOTHER Easter egg hunt. Luckily the Easter bunny also hid the real eggs outside.
We only cracked one. I thought that was pretty impressive. Outside felt pretty safe. I remember as a kid an easter egg being left on top of the clock. It gave off a stank that I remember very clearly to this day.
We found them all!
And we found the baskets. I also remember as a kid searching ALL DAY for my basket. That dang Easter bunny was obnoxiously tricky at hiding. Luckily this Easter knew better.
The girls also got all fixed up for church and looked very beautiful if you ask me. Lily was in her carseat when I took this picture and of course we were rushing to church so she didn't make the picture. Poor third child.

I had to convince Audrey to get this dress. It looks so cute on her. She is very particular about what she wears. Thankfully I can convince her every once in a while.





4 comments:
Wow, Julia is so tall!! Looks like a great weekend of fun. Your girls are always darling all dressed up. Happy bday to the old man of your house. Hope your house selling is going well!
OK, and I bought Natalie that striped shirt Julia is wearing. We are awesome. I loved the Ramona reference.
Your girls look darling in their pretty dresses. We miss you already!
I love these pictures and I love your commentary Annie! Nice work Julia getting a bunch of eggs and I don't blame Audrey-it it isn't pink or purple it probably isn't worth getting :). I am glad Audrey has figured Bryan out so she can have him do her work for her!
Post a Comment