We leave Thursday. It's been pretty crazy. Hours and hours of packing boxes, dealing with movers that charge over double what they quote (thank goodness Bryan's job is paying for it!), trying to get things arranged for renters to come to our home and letting go of the fact it is my home and having to adjust to most of our things being packed away. Bryan declared more than once that he is NEVER moving again. I can't say I disagree with him. I don't enjoy it one bit. But moving we are and we are almost there. I am so sad to leave but ready to not be living in between. I feel unsettled and it drives me crazy. But I must say I am also not ready to be the "new" girl. Establishing ourselves again gives me anxiety. But like it or not we get on an airplane Thursday and our eight years here will be but a wonderful memory. On to new adventures.
Before I do that I want to try and catch up. We have been trying to squeeze in fun things the past few weeks. We made a trip over to the Park of the Roses. It is so beautiful there.
We love going there on Sunday afternoons.The pretty light is a result of serious humidity. It's been sticky and hot around here.
The sweet Lily. She just wanted to eat the sticks.
It makes me sad to look at this picture because their room no longer looks like this. I remember Bryan and I sitting on the floor of this room painting wooden butterflies and getting so excited for the birth of our first child. I have so many memories in this room. It was really hard to pack it up.
I didn't get enough pictures while my parents were here. But we did make it downtown to the Bicentennial Park which was so much fun. We played in the splash park and walked some of the Scioto Mile.
They have the fountains dance with music and steam comes out. The steam is exciting because you can't see very well so you never know when some kid is going to come darting out at you.
My dad was a human jungle gym while he was here. Thankfully, I don't think he minded too much.
The walk along the river took us to the Scioto Audobon Metro park. It was fun looking at the tadpoles and playing at the park.
One thing that will certainly be nice about moving is we will be closer to these people and all of our family. We have lived away for so long. I am anxious to not take a 6 hour plane ride to see them.
Our beloved city. We sure will miss it here.




5 comments:
Good luck with the move! We'll be driving through Boise A LOT coming and going from Washington to Utah, we'll have to pay you a visit a time or two so Tuck can see his girlfriend :)
I get all worked up just reading this. You won't be the new girl for long...just don't make friends so quickly you don't have time to chat on the phone with me.
Moving sucks!! Happy to have you closer.
It will be so fun having you guys close!!!
Best of luck to you guys and your new adventures!
I'm so sorry we left before we could help YOU with the big move.
Please tell Bryan thank you again, and again, and again for all of his help. We couldn't have done it without him.
xo
Post a Comment