With the warming weather Audrey made the brave decision to try her bike without training wheels. We were all amazed at how quickly she caught on. There were definitely some frustrating learning moments but after a week she was riding all over the place all on her own. I have been really proud of her. She is often out in the garage practicing and wants us to go outside any chance we have.
One very excited and proud face. Now whenever I'm outside she makes Julia announce, "Ladies and Gentlemen presents Audrey on her bike!" And then Audrey comes zooming around the corner. We are expected to shower her with applause and cheers at that point. Whenever Bryan is outside with us we also always end up having some kind of competition. I believe at some point last week we were both on the girls' scooters having a race from one end of the drive way to the other (I had to forfeit because Bryan nearly collided with me more than once. I'm not as adventurous as he is.) At another point we were timing ourselves to see how fast we could run around the house. Bryan definitely keeps things exciting around here.We went on a family walk on Sunday. It's always amazing to me that the most unlikely of places make for the greatest days. The girls loved this little pond we found and would have dug in the sand and played in the reeds all day if we would have let them. Lily is just content to whine about the cold and eat rocks.
Julia was hiding in these sticks at one point. I'm not sure what plot they had going on in there. I'm sure spies were involved.
Audrey found some sand and...
Julia was very quick to join in.
With Julia being in school all day long I know I'm not always good at making sure she has friends over. So the other night I let her and Audrey invite one friend over and we had pizza, painted toe nails and watched a movie. It was a huge success. I need to do things like this more often. It made the girls very happy.
Some video proof that Audrey has learned. This was filmed her first day. She has actually improved so much since then.
I also have some cute videos of our Lily. She is so dang fun right now. She loves animals and babies as you can see.




2 comments:
Wow, no training wheels and Bryan being competitive...the world is right up there.
I love that Julia announces Audrey's grand entrances-we have many "announcements" at our house too :). I wish I could see you and Bryan racing on the scooters I am sure it must be comical with you guys on the girls' soothers! But everything sounds like a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment