We kicked off summer right. We headed to a little BBQ place nearby with my parents one rainy afternoon. The food was delicious and the kids played on a playground, my parents and I walked and poor sleep deprived Bryan slept in the car. He's got to catch up on those Zzzzz's on occasion.
It started pouring rain at the end of our walk so we sat in the back of my mom's car and watched a movie and spilled popcorn all over the back seat.This is my favorite thing to do at the moment. I just love love those baby snuggles.
We love hiking around here because the views are incredible. We went on a Sunday walk and this was the result. The view and clouds were just spectacular.
Audrey had to show her big muscles because she was on a rock and it seemed like the logical thing to do.
We went on another walk and found ourselves in the botanical gardens. They were so green and beautiful from all the rain. The girls loved exploring all the different plants and flowers.
Of douse their favorite were the roses.
Probably because they smell amazing. It kind of reminded me of the rose garden we used to visit in Columbus which made me happy.
Can you believe that view!? I am constantly amazed at what a beautiful place this is that we live.Well this girl is just chunking up as a baby should.
Here she is at three months. Our neighbors gave us this beautiful mink couture blanket. I think it is so adorable. Grace is such a good little thing. She sleeps good at night for me, eats like a champ and travels so well. She doesn't love it if her naps get interrupted which happens on occasion with three big sisters home all day long.
I mean look at that face! How could you not kiss it?
We once again found ourselves on another nearby hike. The girls were obsessed with this bridge. It has been raining so much the stream was full and so the bridge was partially submerged. The girls loved walking across and getting their feet wet. It was such an enjoyable hike.
That little Grace LOVES the carrier and looking around. I like the extra calories I burn while carrying her. I mean I have got to get this baby weight off somehow!
Summer hikes are one of my very favorite parts of the season.
There have been lots of art projects with the start of summer. My kids are really into coloring and drawing. Lily has just joined the crew and is making beautiful pictures like this. I LOVE watching what she comes up with. She is getting more confident in her drawings which makes me happy. There for a while she would get super frustrated if the picture didn't go the way she wanted. She would go through paper after paper just getting more frustrated. I am pleased that her phase is passing and she will finish a picture and be pleased with the result.
And here's this adorable face again. I tell you what. I just want to kiss it all day.










0 comments:
Post a Comment