Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Rose and The Dental School?

I'll first start with this picture. Bryan took Julia to the store the other day and they came home with a new princess bike helmet. I, being an awesome wife, promptly asked him how much it cost. But then Julia insisted on wearing it while she ate her breakfast. I guess that means she likes it. You should see how cute she looks riding her bike with her little helmet and knee pads on.
This is one of my very favorite places and we've been a couple of times this summer and I am so glad I remembered my camera this time. SO beautiful.
We like to go when the little summer concerts are playing. That way we were able to walk the gardens while listening to some ragtime.

I love this picture of Audrey.
Such a perfect family day.



So in other random news that I thought I would share...

A month or so ago a girl in my ward, Allyson, approached me about rearranging Carmen Ohio (aka Come Ye Children of The Lord in LDS hymn book, it is sung at the end of every football game at OSU) to make a music video for her job at the Dental School. At first I must admit I was apprehensive. I am by NO means a professional pianist. I mean, I enjoy playing but I have never done anything like this. That being said, I felt that a challenge would be good for me and this could be a great opportunity. When I came home and told Bryan he was even a little nervous for me and my ambitious undertaking. So I went about some practice and seeing what I could do with the song. Allyson and I then met at a recording studio. (After I scrambled to get there and her husband ended up having to watch my kids! Arrrggghh talk about professional. Good thing her husband is such a saint and my girls LOVE him.) I have never in my life even been in a recording studio so to say I was nervous would be an understatement. Thankfully Ally was so sweet and the people there were great. If I made a mistake he could change the note with the computer. Technology astounds me. I will admit that I felt a bit insecure about creating something and hoping it would be right for the project. Thankfully they liked it. They are adding vocals with the arrangement and making a music video for some pending events. In the meantime they created a video that is on the Dental website using my arrangement. It's been surreal to hear my song on a video that is actually on the internet on an official website. So I thought I would share the link if you want to hear it here. Thanks again to the amazingly talented and lovely Ally for the great opportunity.

12 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Impressive Annie! I would be soo nervous to re-arrange a song and record it! It sounds great! I love the picture of you and the girls, so beautiful, and the picture of Audrey is amazing! I love her dress! I'm glad Julia got to enjoy the bike helmet-it's funny what they sometimes come home with after a trip to the store with dad huh?

Jody said...

The pictures of the girls are absolutely gorgeous!! Love them and miss you all! You are one talented piano player!! I always loved to hear you play mama kunga's piano! You deserved this great opportunity!! Good job and hug the girls.. I'm going to listen to you right NOW!!

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

Your family could not be any better looking...
good work on the music. We should get something together- I used to arrange music like crazy, but haven't in WAY too long.

Monica said...

YAY!!! I am so glad that you posted this! This is such a huge accomplishment, Annie. I LOVE your arrangement. It is beautiful.

So, we need to catch up. Its time. I'll be calling you this week.. so we better connect! Hope you are doing well. Love ya!

donna clinger said...

You are so very talented!!! Now I know a celebrity pianist!!!

Allyson said...

See! I told you! First step: Postle Hall, Second step: Carnegie!! You were my girl the second you propped that baby grand and played with soul.:) You will be so excited to see your beautiful work on many fun new projects. It couldn't have been more perfect. You are a pro in so many ways!

Also, I love the picture with you and your two girls. (I'm still trying to get over Julia and her fourth of July outfit...her cuteness kills me.)

Phillips Family said...

Wow, you did a great job with the music. Now you should do the Cougar fight song...Your girls are very cute, but it makes us sad that they are growing up so fast. Hopefully soon they can come and visit and terrorize Grady.

kiki comin said...

so when is your cd coming out? i'd listen to it all the time..a sort of calm in my crazy life! you are SO talented..by the way, my word verification says "famous". did you plant that there because you are?

Unknown said...

I cant believe I havent commented on this! I read it already, but I must have been rushing off somewhere since I didnt tell you then how absolutely amazing your "creation" is/was. I'm with Kiki, I would seriously buy a CD of you playin that piano.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I agree with Jessica/everyone! You are very talented in so many ways. What an awesome accomplishment. I miss you guys so much. Can't wait to see you!

Cara said...

How amazing Annie!! I'll blast it once the kids are up from napping. Can't wait!

Cara said...

I just listened to it- soo neat! And it's something you can play at church sometime too. Talented and beautiful...you are one lucky girl!