Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Happenings

For family night we went raspberry picking. It was a little early in the season so we had to do some searching but those delicious berries were totally worth it.

Here's the little blondie picker number one.

And blondie picker number two. Audrey lost interest about twenty minutes in so we had to retreat to the swing set but Julia was a trooper. She picked with Bryan the entire time and filled her basket beyond full. Do you like her apron? She told me it was going to keep the juice off of her. I told her she could wear whatever she wanted.
Audrey was much more content here. It was pretty hot an humid but so so beautiful.
Our spoils. I even found a few black raspberries to add to it. I thought this was going to be WAY too much but we have all but eaten every single one.
This past weekend we also made a quick excursion to visit some of our favorite people up in Cincinnati. What makes this trip even better is we get to see the Hagbergs along with the Gaileys. It seriously was the best weekend.
We went to a farmer's market and came away with some fresh corn and cucumbers. Audrey came away with a lovely butterfly on her cheek.
Julia refused to have the girl paint anything on her face but regretted her decision when she saw how thrilled Audrey was with her beautiful pink butterfly. Audrey seriously did not move a muscle the entire time the girl painted it.
Julia found a green catterpiller while we were exploring.
Dave and Bryan inadvertently dressed as twinners. It was honestly very difficult to keep them straight. I'm sure I embarrassed myself more then once. It wasn't awkward when I put my arm around you was it Dave? (just kidding, that didn't happen. And yes, that would have been awkward.)
I didn't even get a picture of us all at the pool, but it was such a great day. Thanks for hanging out with us Gaileys and Hagbergs. Can't wait to do it again!

8 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

That's cute that Bryan can dress as a twinner, glad you were still able to tell them apart! Audrey looks so adorable as a little picker and I love Julia's apron, so cute! Fresh pretty much anything is so delicious, way better than anything you can find at a grocery store, sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

It's so perfect that you have that place and those people for a little getaway. Yeah, I spent an arm and a leg on my wimpy little box of raspberries yesterday.

Monica said...

cute pictures! jealous that we miss out on those yummy berries this year. miss you guys!!

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

you will definitely need to call if you hit up the raspberry picking again. that looks like it was awesome.
looks like you guys have been having a blast. thanks for playing with Brody while we were in the hospital. he had a blast

alliehoopes said...

not even kidding: once in like 2003 a bunch of the hoopes family was gathered together and we were out shopping with derek's brother and wifey and the fact that derek's brother had borrowed his shirt totally escaped my mind and i embarassingly enough smacked his bottom while he was stopped at the drinking fountain. yep. don't tell anyone.

Phillips Family said...

Raspberry picking...where do you think you are...Bear Lake? Looks like it was a fun time. You should have made shakes...for old times sake.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Your food pictures always make me hungry!!! The cuzes are too cute!!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

We had a blast with you guys! Thanks for coming. Just stop trying to put moves on my husband. HA HA! I have almost done that too. I have actually mixed up Dave and his brother a few times, and yes, it's awkward.