Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sometimes It's Like That

So I am on the tail end of an astronomically crappy month, or well maybe month and a half. Do you ever feel like life is a ticking time bomb? I know that's a really pessimistic way of looking at things but you know when things are going pretty good, nothing to complain about and then BOOM. The you know what hits the fan. Between a...


  • broken computer (meaning no computer for over a week),


  • a $2000 car repair (yes that is three zeros. And if you are thinking, "didn't you pay over $2000 dollars for that car just a year ago?" You would be correct. Indeed we did.)


  • It took two weeks to get that car fixed. Bryan and I are really good at hitching rides these days.


  • another car that is making some kind of awful noise.


  • a broken garbage disposal (if you have been to my house you know that when we turned the old one on you may of mistaken it for an earthquake is was so loud. I think Audrey was convinced a monster really did live in there.),


  • a broken toilet that left a rather large puddle


  • a broken doorknob


  • I think you get the idea.


So what have I learned from all of this? That even through all the bad things there are always good things. We have had to ask for a lot of help this month. That is not something I am comfortable with or enjoy at all. I like to think I can do it all on my own. But you know what? I can't. We have been blessed with such wonderful people that have helped in so many ways this month I can't even begin to express my gratitude. So I guess in feeling really unlucky, I feel REALLY lucky. I have the best friends and family anyone could ever ask for. And if you have to have bad things happen to fully see that, I guess I'll very grudgingly take the bad. Dang it. I'm not sharing all of this so you will feel sorry for me. In fact I really hate it when people feel sorry for me. I guess I just wanted to record on my blog so that I can look back in a few months and laugh. I'm not quite ready to laugh yet. But I will. Big belly laughs.


Until then I think I have some catching up to do on pictures (if you recall from above the computer was broken for awhile.)

Does this smile just not melt your heart. This little girl makes me very happy. Every once in a while she'll come up to me and say, "You the best mama in the whole world." She's a sweetie this one.

I ventured over to the second hand store to find some snow gear and could only find 4t snowpants for my size 6. I grabbed them anyways because she refused to wear anything but pink. When we got home they fit perfectly! Total score. So see? Some good things have happened this month. Audrey's new snowpants matched her coat perfectly too. Double score.
Julia loves being outside. So I send her on the deck and sit in my warm house. She'll stay out there for over an hour.
Oh I just love this girl.

Audrey is not quite as hard core. But she loves it still the same.

We even went sledding one day.

This is the picture I took right before my computer broke actually. I really wanted a picture of my girls with their Barbies. They play with these things constantly. Julia wasn't being as cooperative as I would have liked. That aside, this box of Barbies has offered hours of entertainment. I LOVE to listen to them play. Julia's favorite Barbie is named Barbie of course and Audrey's name is Ileena Chandelier (where did they come up with this? I have NO idea.)
Well the cursed January is over. I have LOTS of great things to look forward to in the upcoming months which make me very happy. So here's to February, then warmer weather. I'm feeling better already. Maybe I can laugh sooner than I think.
And it wouldn't be right signing off without some live actions shots of our sledding adventures. I have to thank the Nye's for leaving their sled for us. I'm not sure if they remember doing that, but you did. And you live in Vegas now so finders keepers.

12 comments:

Noelle said...

So sorry to hear you're having an awful month! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help! As for the barbie name...has Audrey ever read Fancy Nancy? It sounds an awful lot like her doll "Marabell Lavinia Chandelier"

Jody said...

We Love you all! Sorry January as been so crappy! We will help you bring in February with a real party can't wait.. 3 days.. cousins are more excited than you can imagine. soon very soon!

cheeks said...

ah....good riddence (that word looks weird) to january!! here's to a happier, less expensive february! hang in there! your girls are so cute....i love that they took the whole stack of barbies to the mens bball game...emri was mad that i had to take one out of her hands before we left :) maybe barbies are also in our future!

cheeks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan & Amanda said...

Okay seriously that really is about the WORST month ever!! I am so sorry all of that happened, I hope you have only great things happen for a long time to make up for it! And your girls are completely adorable as always, I love their snow outfits super cute!!! And Barbies are awesome entertainment for sure! I really really hope things calm down for a while for you guys!

Kara said...

That car is bad luck I think. But now things hafta get better, right? Did you get my package yet, I sent it later than I told you...
Have so much fun in disneyland this week!

kiki comin said...

yep, i'm thinking a little good luck package is in order. sorry for your bad month, but i love your thoughts on good things learned from the bad. love you!:)

Monica said...

Oh, Annie. What a month you have had! WOW!!! I wish that I could have taken you around while you were car less!
Good thing you have such cute girls. I loved all of these pictures..especially the one of them in their snow clothes!
You better have lots of fun and relaxation in Disneyland. You definitely deserve it.
Counting down the days until we see you!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Annie
January wasn't a rotten month. Glad a new month is upon us. Your girls are sure cute. THey should be models.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

It all seems to hit at once doesn't it?! We had computer problems the first half of January too and it drives you bonkers huh. Sounds like an exciting trip is in your nerar future though--have fun!!

Phillips Family said...

Was it the same car that we drove when we were there...it made sounds. You are lucky that February has some good things happening, and you can forget the others and move on. We are happy to see you in a just a few days.

natalie palmer said...

i just have one thing to say... i am genuinely going to miss that garbage disposal. :)