We've been pretty busy around here and I definitely have some major catching up to do. I was a little overwhelmed when I uploaded fifty six pictures today. So here's to getting started...
Our very dear friends the Gaileys paid us a visit. We had a great day and ended it with some yummy (virgin of course) pina coladas. The kids particularly enjoyed the cherries on top. Audrey thinks she is an official babysitter.
My mom also brought Flynn and Rapunzel on the boat so we did blue frosting for the water and popped that boat on. I even did yellow blobs to represent the lanterns. Audrey loved it.
We had all purple balloons.
And opened some presents.
If only I could express in words how much joy these two dolls have brought my girl these past couple of weeks. She specifically requested the Rapunzel doll but I have to be honest, the Belle one is her favorite.
She successfully blew out her candles and we let her pick at the yellow blobs of frosting to her heart's content. It was her birthday after all. And I'm pretty sure the frosting to a three year old is the very best part.
She has a great and deep love for Little Caeser's cheese pizza. She asks for it every time we drive by.
She loves potato chips and crackers (which she pronounces "tacos")
She uses the letter "t" instead of "c" when saying words. For example "car" is "tar" and "candy" is "tandy."
She loves to play. Even if I give her some pretzels for a snack they take on human form. If there is little pretzel it is most certainly the baby pretzel.
Audrey loves babies and wants to be near them. She told me once that she was going to be a babysitter.
She is a tease and is incredibly silly. We are always impressed at her little sense of humor.
She really enjoys reading and is really patient when Julia is practicing her reading. Her favorite book is 101 Dalmations. She never ever tires of it and particularly loves when Bryan does the Cruella Devil voice.
She is very quick to ask for forgiveness and to forgive. I think this is one of her very best qualities. She doesn't want anyone to be mad at her and always tries to be a peacemaker when others are upset.
She has a great desire to learn. I can always tell when she's trying hard to focus on something.
She loves Julia. They play so well together and I am so so so thankful for that.
She loves her blanket and sucks on the corners of it to fall asleep. She has done this since she was little and is still very attached to it.
She is very cautious most of the time but lately she has been getting very brave. I am so proud of her when she tries new things like running accross the bridge at the playground which used to terrify her.
She is so stubborn. She will never back down when she's really put her mind to something without a fight.
Now that this post isn't long enough (I know many readers have given up at this point) I decided Audrey deserved a little interview like I did for Julia recently. Here we go...
What's your favorite food? Chicken nuggets.
What's your favorite color? Pink
What's your fovorite toy? Belle
What do you want to be when you get big? five
What is your favorite thing to do? Go to the zoo.
Whats your favorite animal? horse.
What is your favorite treat? pony fruit snacks.
What is your fovorite movie? Beauty and the Beast.
Who's your best friend? Hanky (her cousin)
What do you like to do with mommy? Go outside and play.
What do you like to do with daddy? Go to the zoo with mommy and daddy.
What's your favorite song? Tale as old as time.
We sure do love our Audrey girl. She has brought more joy to our home than I can express and we cannot imagine life without her.




7 comments:
Oh she is a doll.. I was reading it to Hanky and he said "She is my best friend too!" Jenna is fighting him in the background saying "no she said it's Jenna." Silly kids.. Can't wait to see your cute faces.. We have missed you all like crazy.. My word verification is "FUNSCLES", so I guess we will be having a major great time while you are here which is "FUNSCLES"!
What a great post. We hope you both had great birthdays. We called and left messages, but were shafted!! It makes us sad that little Odd Job is getting so big. We have all decided it is time for you to move closer to home...there...done.
I second you moving home. Also I was almost to the point of being 100% disappointed until I scrolled down to the yellow blobs. Saved the day. You have my permission to continue blogging.
Please don't ever learn to do amazing and intense cakes...so that we can be non-cake-makers together. I am so glad I get to have a little dose of Audrey next month!
I love the update, glad you had good birthdays! Ice cream cake seriously is the best, and I too am not in the fancy cake club. Audrey is adorable in her Rapunzel dress and Julia did a fabulous job accessorizing. We are so excited to see you guys, Alli's face totally lights up at the very mention :).
Happy birthday!To both of you...hope we can have a belated celebration when you guys are out here!
She is so adorable. I feel like an awful friend because your birthdays came and went and I was totally clueless about it this year. I used to be so good at remembering those things. I'm sorry, will you forgive me? We can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment