So, I pretty well have the best mom in the entire world. She flew all the way to see us just so she could be stuck in rainy weather watching my girls for five full days while Bryan and I spent those days lounging on the beach in beautiful... Florida. That's right. A trip by ourselves. We haven't been on a trip by ourselves EVER. We never were able to go on a honeymoon and because of my husband's career choice we have been in school for a very long time and the funds for a trip were non-existant. This time around the kids were the perfect age for us to get away for a little while and let me tell you, it was wonderful.
Do you see that bug on my leg? They had a love bug hatch while we were there and unfortunately we had to deal with the little varments. It was the only negative of the trip. They didn't bite. They just bugged. Dang love bugs.
We drove out to a nature preseve and tried to see some alligators and manatees but were unable to see either. To be honest though, it was so nice to drive in a car and be able to have a conversation with just the two of us. Even the few moments of silence were refreshing. I had almost forgotten how much I love this guy. He is so funny! So much of who we are has been defined by our children. It was so refreshing to remember that we are pretty dang awesome as a couple too.
I had to take a picture of Bryan being a good samaritan. There was a family visiting for the day that wanted to know how to boogie board. I selfishly hoarded my boogie board to myself while Bryan loaned his to this family and went to give them some pointers.
Bryan hates it when I ask random strangers to take our picture but I needed a few with the two of us so he had to deal with the awkwardness of it all.
Two words for you: stud muffin. That's right.
We finally did find a little park where the manatees were swimming around. We've seen them in the zoo but it's always more exciting to see them in the wild.
The dark mass behind Bryan is the manatees. There was a while little family of them.
So apparently after the love bugs hatch, a few days later they literally all drop dead. We saw some jellyfish on the beach and took a picture. You can also see the love bug carnage that occured as well. Good riddance to the nasty little things.
We walked on the beach every single evening. It was so so beautiful. The weather was perfect and the beach was so nice. The trip refreshed me, reminded me of how much I love my husband and allowed me to return a better mother to the children I missed. Thank you so much mom for this wonderful gift. We are very much indebted to you.
Thankfully my mom stuck around for a few days after we returned and we were able to do a few things. We headed to Hocking Hills. It was beyond beautiful. The waterfalls were full of water after what a wet spring it has been. I must admit we were pretty excited to get back to these two little stinkers and to see how happy they were to see us.




9 comments:
Fine. YES. I am jealous. Jealous of how good you look in a swimming suit.
That sounds and looks amazing! Totally jealous of the time away, but glad you had a good time! Now how's about when you are out here I will watch your girls and you and your mom go get a pedicure or something?? :)
Happy for you! Looks like you had a wonderful time!!
haha. i'm with jess. glad you had a perfect vacation.:)
A trip without kids...heck yes I am jealous! Glad you guys had a fun trip and some good times with your mom :)
Wow, that Bryan is so ripped in his cut off shirt...he puts normal men to shame. Looks like a fun trip...now time to gear up for the trip out west. We hope to get to see you guys.
I had no idea that you also had to endure Pawn Stars and Swamp People...it is pretty much the only thing that I don't like about BJ. Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. We need to get together...we have a lot to catch up on.
just for good measure, I will give you 3 more dots...
How wonderful!! So glad you guys had a great trip to yourself--you deserve it too!
Looks like a fabulous time! Glad to see things going so well for you Annie! I can't believe how old our kids are! Hannah just lost her first tooth. So sad!
Post a Comment