Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Big Kindergarten

She's growing up too fast. Kindergarten is here. It seems like yesterday this one was a baby. She was so excited about her outfit and her new light up twinkle toes. She picked her favorite hair-do and loved having a new backpack. It was an exciting day. I must be honest, I was even more nervous than she was. Something about sending her on a bus and having no control from that point on makes me a little anxious. But then again I feel like these experiences are so good for her. I have already seen her mature in just one week. It's going to be a great year for her. I can already tell.
The extra special treat was her daddy surprised her by coming home for a few minutes to see her off the bus. She was beyond ecstatic. Bryan didn't want to miss this momentous occasion.
So sweet. This just melts my heart.
We are lucky enough that a neighbor rides the bus with Julia and is in her class. It has been SO nice knowing she has a friend to ride to and from school with every day.
Here she is getting on the bus. Oh, this was a little tough for me!
And this was pretty much where the waterworks started. I didn't think I would have a hard time but I was pretty glad I was wearing sunglasses at this point. Watching her excitedly bounce up the stairs and wave to us with a huge grin on her face was just a little emotional. I blame the pregnancy hormones.
Up the bus she goes.
Audrey misses Julia during the day but to be honest I think she really likes having a little one on one time with me. She better enjoy it because it's coming to an end in a couple of months. We love to walk to the bus stop to pick sister up.
Here she comes on her ride home.
We have another neighbor friend that she rides home with sometimes.
To top it off Julia lost two more teeth this week. They sang to her at school and gave her a sticker. That made for some excitement.
I had to take a picture of her later this week in another cute little outfit because it may be the last time she wears it. She thinks the tie makes her look like a boy. I desperately tried to convince her how cute she looked and we even put a red butterfly in her hair. She finally gave in but we'll see if I'll win the battle in the future.
And Julia's also starting a soccer camp this week. She is so excited about it. After I took the picture she told me that I should have had her say, "First day of soccer!" while taking it. Next time I'll remember.

Big week for Julia. We are so proud of what a well adjusted and sweet girl she is. She is taking to school like a fish to water and I am really excited to see how much she grows and learns this year. And I am excited to see her beat the boys in soccer (we couldn't resist her soccer shirt.)

9 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

So cute!!!! I promise you I will cry when Max goes to school! She looks so pretty and grown up, though! :)

John-David and Kathryn said...

Just peeking in your blog and you guys still look amazing. So fun that Julia is starting school. Jocelyn starts on Tuesday. Congrats on the pregnancy.

Brookel said...

Eden heads to preschool next week and i think I am going to cry. Julia's back pack looks so big, it made me laugh a little bit. Yeah for alone time with the second children, cohen needs some badly :)

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I am not pregnant and I might have had some waterworks while viewing your adorable pictures. The one of Bryan and Julia walking...oh man. Also-when do I get a one-on-one with Julia and the soccer ball!? I love it.

Unknown said...

Good heck, I am completely obsessed with all her outfits.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

When did our girls get old enough for kindergarten!?! So glad it all has gone so well. Julia looks so tall and skinny--very grown up if you ask me:). Those silly kid opinions, wish we could dress them forever...the red tie outfit is darling on her.

Phillips Family said...

Adam's personal favorite was the big black T-Shirt that said, "Kiss the Baby". We cannot believe our little JoJo has gotten so big. We sure wish you were coming to Meeks with us. Maybe next year.

Monica said...

Awww... those pictures are so sweet. I love the bus pictures of Julia and her dad. So cute. Also, I love all of her outfits too. Such a stylish girl!

Ryan & Amanda said...

She seriously is so grown up, such a beautiful little girl! I love that picture of Bryan walking with her, so sweet! I am with you on the tie outfit, really cute-hopefully you can win the battle at least a few more times? I am excited to hear more about her soccer games, I am sure she will love it and she definitely will beat those boys!