There has been very little going on around this house. I consider an accomplished day a day where I actually get dressed and the girls have their hair fixed. So I'm going to give a little update on what my kids are up to:
Julia is still loving kindergarten and has a current obsession with making books. My favorite is the one entitled, "Superhorns." It is about a league of superhero flying unicorns that save the world. The spelling usually goes something like this, "The Spr Hrns are going to sv the erth." I think her favorite part of making books is the illustrations. She loves to color and make pictures. A good portion of her day is spent with art. We currently have a pile of 35 homemade books in her room. I don't know what to do with them all.
She also still loves playing with Audrey. Just this morning I listened to them get wrapped up into the world of ponies and princesses with some Littlest Petshop animals thrown in the mix. Few things make me happier than this. I hope she loves playing with toys for a long time.
Her current favorite lunch is bagelthins (yes her mom and dad are on a "healthy eating" kick) with Nutella and bananas. She's obsessed with it and always has a Nutella mustache when she's done. She's very particular about food and her tastes change constantly which drives me CRAZY.
We are reading chapter books together and have read a few Roald Dahl books (my personal favorite). We are currently reading "The Witches." It's scarier than I remember but Julia loves it.
When we were cleaning out our basement we found a Book of Mormon and gave it to Julia. She carries it around in a special tote. She feels so important when she takes it to church and is reading it every night. I couldn't be more pleased. I am amazed at how many of the difficult words she is able to read from the scriptures.
She is such a great helper with Lily right now. She is always eager to get her binky and diapers and makes her happy when I'm trying to get things done.
She still has a very strong willed and gets frustrated when she's in the middle of something and I make her get dressed/clean up/make her bed/etc. But she is working on controlling her emotions. I think this will be a common theme as we embark on our journey with three girls.
She is such a good friend at school and her teacher is the perfect fit for her. I couldn't be more pleased with how kindergarten has gone for her thus far.
She is very thoughtful and is often helping her sister, leaving a note for her dad under her pillow and making cards for her friends.
Audrey is loving preschool. When she first started I felt like she enjoyed it but as time has gone on I feel like she is really loving it. Audrey can be quiet in new situations and I feel like preschool has been really good for her.
She has really gotten the hang of all her letters and letter sounds. I felt like she was a little slower at this and was worried that I needed to work with her more than I did Julia, but all of the sudden it's like something clicked and now she's totally got it. She has a strong desire to read like her big sister and is often seen with a book. She loves to make up her own words to the stories. I have a feeling she's going to be a bit of a bookworm.
Her favorite food is crackers of any kind. She would take a cracker over a piece of cake any day.
She still uses a "t" for her c's on occasion but she is growing out of it.
Loves to dance and sing. Dance class is still her favorite and she is very particular about the leotard that she wears. She is often making up songs when she plays.
She LOVES to take naps. Her preschool is in the afternoon so she goes without twice a week but it is really difficult for her. When I tell her it's nap time she'll initially resist but then remembers how much she enjoys them and always gives in.
She almost always puts her shoes on the wrong feet. I do not know why that concept is so tricky.
She loves dresses and would wear them every day. We compromise by letting her wear dresses on school days.
She is extremely attached to her dad and is stuck by his side from the minute he gets home.
She loves playing with Julia and gets really frustrated when Julia wants to play with Lily instead. I hear, "Don't look at Lily! Come play with me!"
She is also writing her name! She has been writing random letters for a while now but finally put it all together. I am so proud of her.
She is a great helper with Lily too and has been so soft with her.
This little chubby is growing like a weed. She is such a little chunk and sometimes when I pick her up it feels as if she is smuggling rocks in her diaper.
She is getting really good head control and has recently found her fingers. She likes to be swaddled at night but is getting to strong so she gets out of it sometimes. I go in at 3:00AM to her little flapping bird arms. All she wants is to be swaddled again and get that binky in her mouth.
She is so smiley. There are few things I love more than when you look down at her and she smiles so big she can't keep her head still. Julia even got a little chuckle out of her the other day. She is cooing quite a bit as well and loves the ceiling fan in my room. She tells the fan all of her stories.




8 comments:
Annie those pictures of Lily seriously made my day, she is so adorable! I love her big grin! And I love the updates on your cute big girls, so sweet and smart! I hope my two girls will play as well as they do as Ilene gets older!
That's a lot to report! You're raising an adorable, talented little brood. No small feat. :) Ben also loves making his own books, as well as artwork of any kind. I felt terrible this week when I threw out his "Book of X's" which was (you guessed it) filled with illustrations of X's of all different types. but I did keep his Book of Pencils where he drew and described all the various pencils he has and loves.
I love these kind of updates about the girls. Lily is such a cute little chunker. Leah was a spitty baby too and to this day she will sneeze and throw up a little. So weird. It's funny to hear about Julia and Audrey's little personalities, especially when it comes to Lily. I'm sure you'd appreciate the Hendrix home movie of me holding baby Megan (same age difference as Audrey and Lily) and my mom asking "Does baby Megan love you?" and you hear Whitney off camera in a totally grumpy voice say "NO!" Gotta love three girls! I hope that's what I get someday.
Great post, Annie! I loved reading about your girls. They could not be any cuter. Julia is growing up so much! Audrey writes her name so well. And your baby Lily is adorable!! I love her! I cannot believe how much bigger she is than Maxwell. :) I really do wish that I could hold her. She is just too cute. Oh.. and I absolutely agree with you on the days that I get dressed and get my kids hair done and we all look presentable is a sign that it is a GOOD day! Keep up the good work.
We miss the girls. Grady knows all their names and looks at their pictures all the time. It was a nice update.
Im obsessed with that last pic of Lily. I think I bought Emmy that dog shirt she is wearing. And you tell Julia I think "sv" is a wonderful way to spell "save." What a waste of time that "a" and "e" are. Little Audrey writing her name! It just blows my mind.
Such beautiful girls! I'm sad that I didn't get to see you this weekend but hopefully we'll figure it out for next time!
That's an awful lot of words for "not much to report"...luckily lots of pictures too. Seriously Annie, I could just kiss that little Lily face all day long, so is so stinkin' adorable!
Post a Comment