So I am a little bit hesitant about all of this. I actually woke up to feed my baby at 6:00AM and couldn't go back to sleep because I knew today was the day and I was feeling that sickish pit in my stomach. I don't generally enjoy putting myself out into the world wide web like this so when the opportunity presents itself it gives me some serious anxiety. You are probably wondering what all of this is about so I will tell you. A week or so ago I received a facebook message from a girl I went to high school with. It was very much out of the blue, I haven't spoken to her in probably nine years. She told me that she and her sister have started a website and wanted to see if I was interested in contributing. Of course as I look at the website it is all serious mom advice and tips and as you know, I am generally not serious. So I spent the whole week brainstorming ideas, thinking, writing drafts I wasn't happy with and finally one day it hit me, I wrote an article and submitted it. I didn't even have Bryan or anyone read it because I just couldn't stomach that they might think it was dumb, unfunny or not good. So now it is up on a website for the world to see and they could all think it was dumb, unfunny or not good. Oh well. Every once in a while you have to take a chance and so I did. Before I share it on facebook I thought I would do it here. It seems safer for some reason. I feel like this is where my friends and family gather, my closest friends and family and they would be supportive even if the article was crap. So if you get a minute go and read it. And even if you hate it go to the bottom and "like" it and maybe leave a little comment on it. That would make my day. Soooo..........(ugh that sick pit in my stomach) here it the link:
Covey Seely
6 years ago




8 comments:
We tried to like it, but it wouldn't let us(that sounds a lot worse than it was.) Great article Annie. Way to get published on a blog. Who were the girls from high school?
That's exciting Annie! I love all the truths on everything...moms are always glad to hear when other moms aren't perfect, too :) Great article!
Loved it! Way to keep it real with your apt observations, quick wit, and wry humor. But I like that while it's honest, you don't come away feeling like motherhood is a drag. Way to go on being a published writer, you have a bright future ahead!
Annie! I am freaking out. I saw Jenny Snow posted on Facebook that she'd read this article and so I went and read it before even knowing you were the amazing author! I've always told you what an awesome and hilarious writer you are...now everyone else will know it too. So proud of my friend. :) Loved the article.
I was smiling the whole time reading this. You pretty much just explained the last 6 years of my life. So, thank you! :) Great job, Annie.
i read it off kiki's FB link....it was so perfect annie! you have a great way of writing and loved all the humor you added....okay, the humor that is SO TRUE! you did a great job, can't wait to read the next one :)
-jami
You are awesome! I always love reading your writing!!
Loved it Annie. Needed to hear you are the stinkiest mommy ever after Taylee's attitude this evening :)
Post a Comment