Monday, February 6, 2012

Lily's Special Day

It was Lily's blessing day yesterday. It was very special and always reminds me of how much Heavenly Father loves his little children.

I sure do love this baby and she looked so beautiful all dressed in white.
Bryan hates it when I make us all pose for pictures but I feel that pictures are something you never regret having too many of and always regret having too few. We took a family shot before we left. I sure love this family of mine.
My little girls. How lucky I am to have them.
James and Natalie (Bryan's brother and his wife) drove down to see us for the blessing. We really appreciated them coming. It means so much to us. Cousins are so fun.
And of course I had to torture this sweet baby and take a million pictures. I just cannot get enough of that face. She is such a calming influence in our home and Bryan spoke of that in her blessing. She will be a peacemaker in our home. You can already tell, well until she turns two of course.


I know all these pictures look the same but to a mother they are completely different and I need to show them all. I was overcome with emotion pretty much the entire day. I just feel so blessed to have healthy beautiful girls, a husband that loves me, such wonderful friends and a supportive family. It was a day filled with happy tears.
Julia made a very good friend last year in preschool and in turn I made very good friends with her mom. We get together quite often and they came to the blessing which meant so much to us. They are such wonderful people and we just love them.
A group shot with James and Natalie and their cute kiddos. Check out those Lily thighs. They have got the most awesome fat rolls right now. I just love it.
Our family. Bryan gave Lily such a beautiful blessing and I am so thankful for him and what a wonderful father he is to our girls. I tell you. Emotional.
We had dessert later on that evening and some friends came to celebrate with us. We are surrounded by such wonderful people. And though we missed SO many, we were so thankful to have so many come and support us.

We took turns holding this sweet baby. Thankfully she waited until after church to blow out of her diaper onto her blessing dress.

We sure do love these people. I didn't get pictures of everyone but thanks to all that came.
And our "family" the Gaileys drove all the way from Cincinnati. It wouldn't have been right without them here.

What a wonderful day it was. It makes me so thankful for eternal families.

8 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Man, LoFlo is a chunk!! Super cute. Wish we could have been there too.

Unknown said...

Oh Lily, you look just beautiful. Will you tell her I said that Annie? Since she can't read yet. Sure would have loved to have been there! You?! Cry?!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Seriously could she be any more beautiful in that blessing dress, I love all of those roses! She is such a sweet baby, and I think fat rolls are the best part of a baby! I can't wait to see you guys and hold your sweet little girl, but I wish we could have been there for her special day!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Sure glad we were able to come. Everything was wonderful from the blessing, hearing your sweet testimony, the delicious meal you made us, and especially seeing those darling girls. Love you guys!
Thanks!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

...ohh, and thanks for letting me be a lazy bump on your couch while I was trying to get over my lame headache and was absolutely NO help to you. Appreciate it!

JA said...

She could not be any more cute!!!! And you are looking AMAZING girl. Love you!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

congrats, she is so cute...can't wait for them all to play together!!!

kiki comin said...

that dress is just the sweetest thing ever. did you make it?:) um. can we see each other soon. i miss annie.:)