Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Week Off Work

So Bryan had a full week off of work. Unfortunately this wasn't a week filled with vacation fun. It was a week full of cleaning, cleaning, a little bit of painting, trips to a storage unit, a meeting with a real estate agent, getting stuff done for his job next year and more cleaning. It was so great to have a week off to get so much accomplished but I felt so bad that we didn't get to do anything really fun. So after all the cleaning we headed up to an indoor water park for the evening. The girls LOVED it. It was not crowded and it was the perfect size for them. Julia even went on all the big slides.
This was the contraption where all the water dumps on you when the bell starts ringing. I think that freaked my girls out more than any slide there was. The bell would start ringing and the girls would start running, screaming, covering their heads. I like the poor life guard that has to stay up there in his poncho. I bet that bucket dumping water on your head gets old real fast.
Audrey isn't quite as brave as Julia but she still went on several slides. She has to warm up to it a little more.
Julia and I took several runs on the double tube slide. It really was a fun ride. The life guard at the top was some punk teenager trying to hide the fact that he was texting and definitely not hiding the fact that he currently hated his life. It is always a little awkward being this near 30 year old woman asking the punk teenager if it's okay to go down the slide. Like he even cares if I mowed down some kid in front of me. But I'm a compulsive rule follower and gosh dang it I'm going to ask that kid every single time if it's okay if I go down whether he rolls his eyes at me or not.
Little Lily even made an appearance for a minute. She has humid head from taking a little nap. I have on no makeup. Oh well, it is worth the picture of my wild haired sweetie.

5 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

You all look great. Annie, your skin is amazing without make-up! Excited that you guys are moving closer!

R said...

Like you need makeup?!! You are gorgeous. And I have seen you first thing in the am at aerobics. ;)
Where are you guys moving?!!

R said...

And I think your newest is sooooo stinkin cute! I wish I could hold her. So happy for you guys and all the good that seems to be coming your way.

Phillips Family said...

I would like to go on said water slides...a little jealous of your week off.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

So fun! Okay we really need to do one of these together. And go ahead and bug that teenager all you want.