Saturday, February 25, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?

Obviously I'm a little behind, but it's been a little busy 'round these parts, so I'm keeping up the best I can.

This little baby just keeps growing and growing. I can't slow it down. We were at a church function yesterday and a petite lady asked to hold her. I wasn't sure it was going to work out. Lily looked enormous! It was like she was lugging around a huge bag of flour. I don't think I fully realized how big she was until that moment. Oh well, chubby babies are dang cute if you ask me.
I, for one thing, can't get enough of her. She is such a happy, laughing little sweetheart.
We have never been "go all out" Valentines people but this year I would have to say everyone pretty much came through. Bryan even brought free balloons home from the hospital. You know it's a big deal when balloons are involved. He also gave the girls and me flowers. Well done husband!
the girls had a valentine's party and each had a party at school. So we made boxes, cookies for the party AND made almost 50 valentines for their class party. Luckily, I am not creative nor do I have a great drive to be, so we made it pretty easy.
Though we did get pretty creative with our boxes. Look at Julia's. Can you see the flying unicorn? A box isn't a box without one of those.
Audrey even wrote her name a couple of times on her valentines. She grew bored quickly and I had to help finish up.
Audrey and her creation. My girls are REALLY into crafts, especially Julia. She loved every minute of getting the boxes and Valentines ready.
I, and every other mom that had a daughter with hair, decided to attempt the "heart in the hair" look. This is Audrey's attempt.
And this is Julia's. Julia's looks more like a heart in my opinion. But all Audrey cares about is that her teachers at school told her she looked cute. And they did so we were good.

This is a video of Julia making Lily laugh. Julia uses this spastic deep voice and it just cracks our Lily up. So, the other day Julia came home from school all distressed. She told us that her friend told her that if she used a voice like that, it was a "demon" voice and she would have to go and live with the demons. We assured her that her friend was misinformed and that using that voice would not result in a relocation to demonville. Seriously, who are these friends? Superstitious ones if you ask me.

Anyways, Lily sure is cute when she is laughing.

6 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the heart in the hair looks-too bad Alli chopped her hair :) maybe I will try it next year, we will see if I can figure something out I am not nearly as creative nor successful with the cool hair-dos. Alli and I loved Lily's laugh in the video, so cute!

Brookel said...

do you use the adopt-a-do website? she has tons of such cute hair tricks. i have a similar chubby baby story with seth, i will take a picture next time my petite friend is holding him, it's hilarious. love the boxes, so fun with all those girls, happy valentines :)

Phillips Family said...

Julia the demon dog is hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Oh Annie, I haven't ever even held that adorable sack of flour. Her laugh just made me grin. And I guess it's time to tell you...before I moved, I taught Julia "demon voice." We practiced it over and over and I told her to use it whenever the time felt right. I'm proud.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I saw the heart hair style on Pinterest and I SOOOOO wish Lia and kiri had hair...any at all and I would have attempted it!!! Good job, they looked awesome!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I love the demon voice! That Lily is too sweet. Miss you guys.