Friday, February 10, 2012

Pretty Much the Best Dad EVER

These are two spoiled little girls. Bryan called me from work the other day and mentioned that Disney on Ice was coming that weekend and he wondered if he should get tickets. I didn't feel like a baby would be too much fun at Disney on Ice, so Bryan said he would take the girls by himself. They were beyond thrilled and of course when the blessed day finally arrived they had to dress for the occasion.
Tickets in hand and ready to go. I filled Bryan's pockets with snacks and a bottle of water. He was complaining about how heavy they were and wasn't sure that he should take all of that stuff. I assured him that if he wanted to survive the two hours without spending 85 dollars at concessions he indeed DID want to take all of that stuff.
I sent him with a twenty dollar bill and told him to bring me back change, but these little wands that glow in the dark were calling out to my girls. Bryan couldn't resist. Such a fun little date for the three of them. I'm glad he spoiled them a little bit. Because we all know if I was there they would probably not have gotten special glowing wands. They would have been stuck with the goldfish and fruit snacks in daddy's pocket.
He said they were transfixed for most of the show. Audrey got a little restless during the second half but then again she is only three. Julia could have watched it ten times. They loved all the princesses and castles. I just love Disney for making my little girls' lives a little more magical.
Julia was extra happy that Minnie Mouse was wearing the red polka dot dress just like her. Audrey was bugged that Belle's dress was short and not long.

Overall a very successful night. These girls sure are lucky to have a dad that loves them so much. I am pretty lucky too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's SUCH a cute daddy/girls picture. Oh Annie. Disney on Ice. Our Disney on Ice. I love those memories. I think that should be Jansen and Julia's first date when they are 22.

Phillips Family said...

Wow, Bryan is very impressive.

Ryan & Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan & Amanda said...

Man I went to buy Alli tickets a few weeks ago for the one in Salt Lake, but the one here is Toy Story not the princess one so I am still debating. That looks so fun! Seriously, Ryan will get Alli stuff that there is no way I would get, but I love their wands! I am glad they got spoiled, and I am glad I am not the only "mean mom"! That looks like such a fun date, nice work both of you!!