Thursday, September 13, 2012

Balls and Bags

Audrey officially started preschool and looked super cute doing it.  She was so excited about this dress.  
 They give her a bag to take and she has been having a great time.  They do all kinds of great activities and she is making some good friends.  She loves the recess time and all the fun science projects they do.  Though I must say when I ask her what I did I usually get this as a response, "I don't know mom!  Can I just have a snack?"
 She laid out her clothes the night before.
 Julia had her first soccer game.  She was really nervous which surprised me.  She told me she was nervous so she said a prayer before her game and that's why her team won.  Truth be told they don't keep score so we don't know if her team actually won or not but, I'm very glad it was a good experience for her.
 She played against a couple of good friends from her primary class.  They are such cute girls and she really enjoys them.  I just wish they were on the same team!
 Julia even made a goal believe or not!  Bryan missed the whole thing and when I told him, "Did you see her make a goal!?"  He said, "Well even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while."  RUDE!  All joking aside, she really did do great and we were both very proud of her.  Now we all have to prepare ourselves to practice twice a week and a game every Saturday.  Go Julia!

3 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love Bryan's response, seems pretty typical and definitely made me laugh :). But good for Julia, that is really exciting! She is a darling little soccer player! Audrey's excitement for starting pre-school shows and I love her outfit-super cute! I am glad I am not the only one who gets less than detailed answers about preschool!

Phillips Family said...

Go Julia!! I am sure she is a tough soccer player. Odd Job in school...say it ain't so!!!

Unknown said...

Yay soccer girl! I hope she gets awful tan lines from the shinguards because then she is a true soccer player. We too had soccer last night. If my kids dont improve I may just have to start Emmy early so that she can be my star. :)