Monday, September 10, 2012

Meeks

The best part of moving back west is I get to make it to fun family things like Meeks.  We have a family reunion every labor day weekend and I was able to slip over for the weekend full of fun.  It had been four years since I have been able to go and I have only been twice in the past eight years.  I will admit being without Bryan made it a little exhausting but it was worth every minute.  The girls played until they dropped and made such fun memories with their cousins.  A great time was had by all.

My dad was super help to me the whole weekend.  He was a professional Lily-holder.  
 Audrey with Jenna and Hanky.
 Julia and Brooke.  They were inseparable the entire time.
 There was a little fishing going on up at the pond.
 The grandkids all sat together watching the fish be caught.  They are all becoming such great friends.  They also got to feed the fish a little bit until the fisherman discovered that assisted in their fish catching and stole all the food from the kids.  Why should the kids have all the fun?
 This sight warms my heart.  All of my brothers and dad doing what they love.
 We cut cattails in honor of Grandpa Sylvester.  He took Carli and me when we were little girls to cut cattails.  They always remind me of him.  Even after sixteen years or so we still miss him like crazy.
 Julia and Papa.  He was snoozing but wasn't left alone for long.
 These two girls are very attached to my mom.
 We got our craft on while we were there.  Julia was in her element and made lots of different things.
 Aunt Carli helped with the crafting.  We are excited that next year her little guy will be at Meeks with us.  I can't believe my little sister is going to be a mom soon.
 Grady boy is seriously the cutest thing on two legs.
 Aimei with Kiri.  Her twins are the most mellow and easy babies I have ever seen.  I have more work with my one than she does with her two.  They are so chill.
 The finished product.
 Do you see trouble?
 Lily walked around in the walker most of the time.  Her socks were completely black by the end of each day.  So gross.  Here she is barefoot.  Even better.
 Lily was pretty pooped by the end of the weekend.  We gave her corn on the cob and she made an enormous mess of it.
 The feast!  Even more delicious than I remember!
 Another little girl may have been pooped by the end of the weekend.
 Jody did a minute to win it that was hilarious.
 I got to stick my face in whipped cream which is always a treat.
 We had to leave a little early to head out the next day but before we did we stopped at the Labor Day parade in Evanston to watch Brooke dance.  It was filled with salt water taffy and rodeo queens.  It was fun to watch my old hometown in all their glory.
 Here's Brookie doing her dances.  She did a great job and we were so excited to watch her.
 After the parade.
So happy that I can be a little closer and be a part of these fun family traditions.  Here's to next year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is so wonderful you got to go. I have that shirt Carli is wearing. I remember you telling me about that feast...I still think its strange... :)

Phillips Family said...

It was so wonderful having you there. Adam says he is still nursing the bruises after you beat him up with you quick punches. We loved seeing you and the girls. Next time tell that bum of a husband to stop working so hard and to make it to a family activity.

Brookel said...

i want to hear more about this feast, it looks very fun and very crazy! :) seriously though what's the deal, let me know looks like a great reunion dinner idea that I'd like to do :)

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Looks like a great time. I'm glad you were able to go. Miss those cute girls.