This year Bryan was on call Christmas Eve so we stayed here in Idaho to celebrate with just our little family. Thankfully Bryan only had to go to the hospital once for a Christmas morning baby and was home otherwise. It was such a great Christmas. Our kids are at such an ideal age for enjoying all of the festivities to the fullest.
We had a special Christmas Eve dinner complete with raspberry drinks in plastic goblets. The girls were thrilled with the fancy drinks.
We then ate nachos. I decided I don't enjoy spending most of Christmas Eve cooking so I was going to do something easy. We then had time to go and see some Christmas lights, deliver some gifts to a family and do some of our other favorite Christmas Eve traditions. I hate it when I create this huge meal, my kids don't eat it anyways and all of the sudden it is time for them to go to bed. This was far less stressful. Maybe nachos will be a new tradition! Or maybe not. I seem to change my mind every year.Enjoying the meal. Do you see our Christmas cards behind my girls? I love getting Christmas cards. I was excited to open the mailbox every day and see the familiar faces of people I love. We hung them on our sliding glass door so we could look at them all month. It makes me happy to reconnect with all of the wonderful friends and family we have. It reminds me what the holidays are all about.
Even Lily enjoyed the delicious dinner with a shot of milk.
After dinner Julia had a Nativity play that she did in her church class. She decided we needed to act it out. She and Audrey gathered all the supplies. Unfortunately we are in short supply of authentic Nativity costumes and in large supply of tutus and princess costumes so we had to make due with what we had.
This was what I was given to be Mary. This was when Mary was riding the donkey. I interpreted her labor pain very well don't you think?
Julia is having Bryan read his part or parts. We didn't have enough people to cover all the parts so Bryan was Joseph, inkeeper 1, inkeeper 2 and the shephards. He performed each part brilliantly.
Lily was assigned the role of the baby Jesus and was not enthusiastic about this part. AT. ALL.
She was happier with the role of the wise man.
The other two kings. Instead of a camel King Audrey came riding in on a pink unicorn. So...maybe our Nativity was a little on the pink and sparkly side but I was proud of my girls for gathering everything together and using their imaginations. They really showed understanding of the meaning behind the holidays and were so excited to talk about the Savior. I am often in awe of their sweet and tender testimonies and complete faith in their Heavenly Father's love for them. It makes me want to be more like them.
We then opened a few presents. The girls got pajamas and were able to open their gifts from my aunt and uncle Joan and George. They were so eager to open them ever since the package arrived. They absolutely love the piggy banks George and Joan! Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift! Julia's comes with sections "invest" "save" "spend" "donate." Bryan said there must be lawyer in the blood because "donate" was suspiciously empty. We love you George and Joan!
Poor Lily was worn out at this point from all the excitement.
We also gave the girls a dream light. Little did we know that this in no way encourages dreams but instead encourages staying up later than normal because the lights on the ceiling are so cool. Oh well, they were super excited about them. Julia had watched the infomercial so many times she had it memorized. Julia loves a good infomercial. "We have to get that mom!"
Julia left Santa instructions as to where to put the presents. And yes Santa we do think you are osum.
Spoiled spoiled spoiled. I have it on good authority that Santa spent over two hours constructing that lovely Barbie house. Lots of hard work there. Do you see the big bike!? That was Bryan's gift to me! I wanted a bike to ride around on with the kids. I was so excited about his thoughtful gift.
Julia was pretty excited to ride a bike that actually fits. Believe it or not it's easier to ride when your knee doesn't come up to your chin every time you pedal.
Tangled Wedding brought squeals of joy from this little girl.
Lost in the mess of over spoiling.
Pretty much where 98% of the past week has been spent. Oh what a magical day. There is nothing better than sitting back and watching the magic of Christmas morning enfold and listening to the joy and play that goes on for days after. I just loved every minute of it.
When Lily finally came up she got all wide eyed and started giggling when she saw this present. It even sings while she rocks. I figured she would enjoy the morning but I had no idea how excited she would get. It was so funny.
What a perfect Christmas it was! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday.




3 comments:
Love Mary's headdress-so perfect. Miss you guys. Tell Bryan I miss BJ's stories of his rants
It looks like such a great Christmas!! I love the Nachos for dinner-I totally agree, when kids are not going to eat it (and most of the time even if they are) it is not worth a ton of time and effort and dishes! And I love your Nativity costumes! Good for your girls!!
Glad you had a good Christmas! Our kids got dream lites too and Nathan sings the entire song word for word every time we turn it on.
Post a Comment