Because we were still at my parents' home the day before Easter we decided to write the Easter Bunny requesting he make an early visit to Nana and Papa's house so we could celebrate with them.
Julia's note and picture were so cute. I don't know if I've ever had a year where the girls were more excited. It was so fun to share that with family. Julia even wrote an entire book dedicated to this Easter and at some point the Easter Bunny hid eggs on top of Papa's head. Thankfully the Easter Bunny got the note and made an early appearance. The girls were just so thrilled and ran around saying things like, "This is Easter Bunny is so crazy! He hid the eggs all the way up there!?" There was lots of running and squealing.
They both had their bags filled to the brim in no time.
The end result.
They also had to search for their baskets and were spoiled rotten. Julia's was hidden in a very tricky spot and it took three adults and three times searching the laundry room to find it!
Poor Lily still wasn't feeling great that morning but did come up for a minute to look at her basket and then quickly went back to bed.
We dyed eggs with our cousins in kool aid and had the best time. Of course I didn't take pictures of the actual dying. I love seeing the creative juices flow when dying eggs.
One of Julia's masterpieces. I think it says, "Julia and Brooke BFF cousins." So glad they love each other so much.
I got to eat my mom's delicious deviled eggs. In fact I told her to keep breakfast simple so I could eat as many of these as I want! They are my favorite!
Breakfast was so yummy. Deviled eggs and bacon. It really doesn't get better than that.
Bryan's birthday was actually on Easter this year so we celebrated again with my family. 32 years old! I remember when we first got married and talking about our thirties and how we wouldn't be done with medical training until he was 32. How in the heck is that here already!? We are so lucky to have Bryan. I am constantly reminded at what a wonderful and supportive husband he is.
Lily stole a few cuddles from Papa. She grew quite attached to him by the end of the trip. Even now when I point to his picture and ask who it is she says, "Papa."
We drove home Saturday and went to our own ward on Easter Sunday. I had the most adorable dresses for the girls and of course had to take many pictures of them.
We have some daffodils growing in our backyard and of course they made a perfect backdrop. I am so lucky to have such beautiful little girls.
Lily was NOT in the mood for pictures. She was only happy when I left her alone.
Looking at these pictures makes me so happy Lily is no longer sick!




1 comments:
I just want to kiss Lily's face right off! Glad she's feeling better.
Post a Comment