Boy that summer went quickly. Now we are on to school. I can't believe my little Audrey started kindergarten. It's still so crazy to me. Julia has an October birthday so when she started kindergarten she seemed so much older. But Audrey has adjusted really well and I know that she is going to have a great year.
We started the night by laying out all of the clothes that the girls were going to wear the next day. They wanted to match from head to toe which I thought was great. Julia has been so sweet with showing Audrey the ropes of a new school and being there for her. It has made sending Audrey so much easier.
School shopping this year was extra fun for me. I'm not sure if it's because we actually make an income, or because I found such good deals or if it's because I have two girls to dress but I swear I could take pictures of them every day. I want their wardrobe. Unfortunately my clothes do not come as cheaply so I will have to live vicariously through my children.Bright and early we woke up and got everyone ready. They were used to sleeping in, so 7:00AM came awfully early. I'm not sure either of them slept though. There was some real excitement going on. There really is something about that first day, new shoes, new pencils and school supplies. It is pretty exciting.
Audrey's friend Olivia is in her class and her mom met us outside so the girls could walk in together. This was such a blessing. I know this made Audrey more at ease and not so nervous for this new experience. Audrey was REALLY nervous to start school. I was talking about it a few days before school and Audrey said, "Mom, I'm really nervous for school. Can we please stop talking about it?" Well thankfully Olivia is in her class and Audrey knew she would have a friend. I can already tell she is warming up to school much faster than she did preschool last year. Last year she was so quiet that I think the teachers questioned her ability to speak.
Walking down the halls.
Audrey found her cubby. She was concerned that all they would do in Kindergarten was read all day long. I assured her that there would be other activities involved. And reading is fun right!? Well apparently reading all day does not sound fun to this five year old. I think she gets stressed when I make her sit down with me and read. Well sister, it's stressful for both of us! I think teaching your child to read ranks right up there with potty training and sleep training. I'm sure that makes me sound like a terrible mom, but it is what it is. At least I'm teaching her to read right?
Julia's teacher is expecting a baby and will be gone for a bit but has everything so organized. I can tell she is going to be amazing. We lucked out in the teacher department this year with both girls. I am so SO thankful for that. A good teacher makes all the difference.
So glad these two have each other.
Our neighbors had a pool party to celebrate the first day and my oh my I can think of no better way. Needless to say my girls were sufficiently exhausted by the end of the day.
Olivia came swimming too! I tried to catch Audrey's other good friend Kennedy but she was busy swimming.
Lily loves to play on the other toys they have in the backyard. I have enjoyed spending a little more one on one time with this little peanut. She is so much fun. I am amazed at how many people comment on her blonde hair. Almost everywhere I go someone has something to say about it. The only downfall is she isn't sure she likes having her sisters gone all day. This is going to be an adjustment for her for sure. I'm hoping she figures out independent play VERY soon. But I will say she makes a wonderful shopping buddy and I feel like I listen to her so much better when there aren't louder voices to be heard.
Of course I had to take pictures the second day as well. They just looked too cute!
Audrey was so thrilled with this outfit and requested the hair style as well.
I think we are going to have a really great school year.




2 comments:
I love that you took 2nd day of school picturesl--I usually have the same urge because they look so cute. Audrey's hair is fun in the buns! Reading all day sounds great to me:). Glad it has been a good start.
It sounds like it will be such a great year and they will definitely look darling!! I love all the new clothes at the beginning of the year and I have the same issue-I want my kids' clothes! Too bad ours aren't as cheap :( and for some reason they never fit me quite as cutely either!
Post a Comment