Saturday, September 21, 2013

Snake River Valley Weekend

They didn't allow Audrey to ride the bus the first week.  So I had so snap a picture of her getting off the bus for the first time.  It is much easier to send a child on the bus knowing they have their big sister with them.  Audrey is adjusting to kindergarten pretty well.  Lunch makes her really nervous because she isn't sure where to go and gets worried if she'll like the food.  We've had a few tears at night stressing about this very thing and about how long of a day it is.  She is doing so much better now though and often wants to go every day rather than the two or three times a week she is going.
 This year we planted one zucchini plant and two tomato plants and they have just flourished!  Thankfully we like both a great deal so are eating them like crazy.  Those fresh tomatoes make the best salad and I have gotten creative with zucchini.  I don't think the girls are thrilled to find it hidden in most of our meals but they are excited when they see a giant one to pick.  Being the non-baker that I am, I have even made zucchini coffee cake twice because it was so delicious!  Every once in a while I can come through.
 Bryan's hospital had a big party at a local winery.  Thankfully even though wine was involved it was a VERY family friendly party and the girls seriously had the time of their lives.  The location overlooks the Snake River Valley and was absolutely beautiful with all the vineyards around us.  They fed us the most delicious dinner and had a band for entertainment.  The girls danced the night away.  While we were watching the girls dance we snapped a picture of the two of us.  I probably don't do that often enough.
 The three girls played on a grassy hill with several other kids for a great portion of the evening as well. It was kind of an odd contrast as we were eating this fancy meal on white tablecloths while kids were grass staining their pants rolling down the hill screaming.  I guess we just got the best of both worlds.  We were able to enjoy our yummy meal while the kids entertained themselves.


 I had to just take a picture of the view.  It was amazing.  I could have just stared at it all night long.

 As it got later they passed out glow sticks and glow wands.
And then the band started to play.  This was a great highlight for Audrey.  I caught a little video of her shaking it.  I was actually really surprised at how boldly she was shaking it.
 They played lots of classics and were actually really entertaining.
 The sunset that evening was so beautiful.  It was really a perfect evening.  I expected we would stay an hour or so and ended up staying well past the girls' bedtime and we had to do some serious convincing to get them to leave.  The weather, view and atmosphere just couldn't be beat.
 Julia's started soccer up again and has really been doing great.  She scored two goals this game and is having lots of success learning how to defend.  It's been fun to watch the games.

 She is so exhausted after each game.  It takes the energy right out of her.  It's fun to watch her try so hard and run up and down the field.  She's been so much more aggressive this year!
 I forgot to put this picture of Julia dancing.  I can't forget Julia!
 This same weekend Bryan and I were able to slip away and go to the temple.  Not only was it amazing but we were able to grab dinner at Tuachanos after the session.  It's been YEARS since I've been there and oh my goodness.  It was tasty.  They had to roll my fat body out of there when I finished eating.  We are so thankful for great little babysitters in our neighborhood so we can get away and do things like that.  

0 comments: