Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Some Stuff Going On

I'm falling behind.  A few things that happened a while ago:

We went to a local festival.  They had some fun things for the kids to do and prizes to win.  It was actually more fun than we anticipated and we were glad we took the time to go.  Julia won this visor at one of the booths and immediately got to work decorating it when we got home.
 The true highlight was Bryan found some delicious papusas while he was there.  They were a staple in El Salvador and he hasn't had one in a very long time.  They were so delicious.
 Even Audrey enjoyed them.
 One Sunday afternoon we headed back to the nature center and took our dinner for a picnic.  Julia is learning all about owls in school and so this made a perfect photo op.  We had such a great time until we ate our picnic.  Audrey got stung by a bee a while back and apparently this created an irrational fear in her.  We could hardly eat because she was screaming about the bees so much.  Otherwise, we had a nice walk and got to look at the giant fish.
 We even saw some friendly dear along the way.
 This has become our daily routine.  I wish I could give the kids a play break when they get home but if I did we just wouldn't get all the homework and reading done.  The day just slips by too quickly.  I will say I have been amazed at how much they have both already progressed this year.  I actually really enjoy them coming home, having a snack and doing homework with them.  It's quality time we get to spend together for just a little bit before we go running to dance/soccer/piano etc.
 Somehow I got roped into doing box tops this year for the girls' school.  It's been pretty tedious at times and has taken many hours of my life.  Thankfully, I have now been able to see the fruits of my labors and with combined efforts of a few helpers we are shipping off over 12,000.  It makes me feel pretty good about being able to contribute even though it can be a serious pain at times.
 Lily loves to climb in bed with her sisters in the evenings and would really love it if she could have a big girl bed like them.  Soon Lily, very soon.
 This is a favorite of mine.  This Lily cracks us up.  She has gotten so funny.  I love it when they start putting sentences and words together.  The stuff she comes up with is beyond adorable.

2 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

The box tops dedication is amazing, seriously I am not sure if I could do it! Good for you. All 3 of your girls are just beyond adorable!! I still have memories of eating pupusas in El Salvador, they seriously were so delicious!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Millions of box tops--I would probably go nuts, you are a good woman Annie!!