Sunday, January 5, 2014

Leading To Christmas

We got quite a bit of snow before Christmas.  It was so pretty and I was actually really glad to have a white Christmas.  We finally got the girls some snow pants and boots that actually fit so they were excited to be out in the snow playing.  It was pretty cold and Lily didn't last too long but they had a great time.

 Lily went down the slide by herself with her snow pants on and she was literally launched five feet from the bottom of the slide.  When there's no friction you get moving pretty quickly.  I laughed and laughed.  It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.  She wasn't quite sure what had happened.
 Laying down in the snow.

 They helped Bryan shovel the walk.  Bryan loves this hat more than anything.  He wears it everywhere.
 Audrey had her winter dance recital and looked so cute doing it.  She wore tap shoes this year and got to hold a little teddy bear while she danced.
 This is after the recital.  She is such a skinny little stinker.  I don't think I realize it until she is next to other girls her age.
 Bryan and I attended the annual white elephant gift party at our friends this year and the theme was "pajama" party.  Bryan picked up these sweet Duck Dynasty jammies for us.  It was particularly fitting with the exciting controversy going on.  It was a really fun night and good to get away and laugh with our friends and eat tons of food.  It is a party we look forward to every year.
 The girls wore their adorable Christmas dresses the Sunday before Christmas.  They sure did look pretty.
 We took a drive one night to go and see the houses with their Christmas lights.  This is something my family would always do before Christmas and I always enjoyed it.  We filled sippy cups with hot chocolate, had a little treat and drove around to all the homes.  It was kind of a spur of the moment decision but I love making little memories like this with my kids.
 This particular house was amazing.  They had this huge life size Santa staring out the window.

0 comments: