Well that time has come. I hate potty training. With a passion. I hate it so much that I pick a week and that is all we do. I feel like I ask, "do you need to go potty?" one million times a day. Thankfully she caught on really pretty quickly. She loves her Dora panties and doesn't love when they get wet. I really haven't had to clean carpet too much for which I am very grateful. She has had some serious stress with the number 2 but we are getting through it.
During the craziness of potty training we had some fun Family Home Evenings that I had to document. We memorized the first seven Articles of Faith while shaking cream and making homemade butter for our homemade banana bread. It was a really fun activity and the girls were fascinated with the results.Poor pant less Lily had to have a picture with the butter too while her sisters harassed her.
The next week the girls prepared and presented their own Family Home Evening all by themselves. It was really impressive! They had a scripture, illustration and a story from the Friend that all applied. And yes, once again that Lily was pant less. We started on a Monday and ended on a Monday.
Success!! It's always good to be on this side of things.
I had to accompany some violinists for a Janice Kapp Perry fireside. It was a little intimidating. Thankfully it was just for prelude and the audience was really only listening to the violins.
Lily showing off some of her potty treats.
Julia did jumprope for heart in honor of her great Grandma Ilene Swensen who passed away from a heart attack several years ago. She got a jumprope from the experience and hasn't stopped jumping since. She is determined to get the criss cross move perfect.
A picture of Julia and I before the Janice Kapp Perry fireside. It was fun to take her with me now that she is old enough.
Lily has been perfecting her "mean face." We all laugh and laugh when she makes it.
The weather has been so nice and we have gone on lots of walks.




5 comments:
I wish I could have heard you play! You look smokin in that picture, and Julia looks beautiful as well.
how awesome is that! i'm SURE they were all listening to you too! :) congrats on getting another potty trained..i'm fearful of my next one...and i agree with jess..that pic is GORGEOUS! :)
I just really love you and your girls! So many great things-your running shoes for instance are super cute, you look gorgeous in your pic, Lily is darling in her little undies, Julia and Audrey are impressive and super cute as always!
I love Lily's mean face! You always have been awesome at the "potty train."
We have potty training coming up, I'm not at all looking forward to it! Congratulations!
Post a Comment