Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Past Month

Life has been pretty crazy around here.  One of those months where I feel like I am just trying to stay afloat. We have done quite a few fun things none the less and it's nice to reflect on all the fun things we've done this month.  The weather has been so nice and we have been living outside lately.  I love this time of year when everything comes back to life.  

Julia had a school program I was able to go to.  It was cute.  
 The kids had spirit week and therefore a different "dress up" day each day of the week.  One of the days was "twin" day.  Julia had made arrangements with a friend in her class but Audrey was feeling left out so I included her as well.  They had matching hair and clothes.
 And then dad photo bombed them.
 This was hat day.
 Audrey didn't have school this day but Julia dressed up for cowboy day.  I swear she wore that hat all weekend.  This was her favorite dress up day of them all.
 Another picture from her little school program.
 Bryan and I had our 11th anniversary.  We went and ate at the most delicious restaurant and had such a nice night.  It's funny as I think of all we've been through these past eleven years and how much we have changed.  I'm thankful that as I look back on that time I see that we have just grown stronger and become closer.  It's nice to have someone you can rely on so completely in everything.  We are very fortunate to have the relationship that we do.
 Spring break came and we decided to make yet another trip back to see family.  It was a great week and we enjoyed doing lots of fun things.  The girls love my parent's house and leave a mess I'm sure she has to clean for weeks.
 We made another trip to the fire pit where we had dutch oven chicken and potatoes.
 We also had to hit the park.
 The local mexican restaurant helped us celebrate Bryan's birthday a little early.  I can't believe he turned 34. Man we are getting old.
 We then decided to get a hotel in SLC and do some visiting around there.  I haven't been to temple square in a very long time.  It was absolutely beautiful.  The blossoms were just coming out and the smell was amazing.  We took the girls through some of the visitor's centers and the tabernacle.  There is such a good feeling there and it was fun to spend time on the grounds.
 We also spent some time at the City Creek Mall.
 Practicing their "mean" faces.
 More temple pictures.
 I love Audrey's photo bomb in this picture.
 Bryan's mom came and spent the day with us as well.  We had so much fun with her.
 We mistakenly allowed the girls to go into the Disney Store.  This meant they came out with a present.
 The hotel had a swimming pool and these kiddos love to swim.
 The following day we headed to the children's museum downtown.



 For Bryan's actual birthday after we got back we went to a local fun center.  The girls had passes from school and Bryan got a pass for it being his birthday.  They bowled, played laser tag and all kind of games.  It was a really fun night.
 Julia's form may need a little work.
 Lily was pretty frustrated she was too little for bowling.  We found a playground that made up for it.
 So we are renting out our little townhome in Ohio.  I decided that I should use my current renters to help remodel the kitchen a bit.  So we invested a little money and they did all the leg work.  This is the before:
 And this is the after.  I cannot believe how beautiful it looks!  It makes such a huge difference.
 Conference weekend was absolutely wonderful.  My dear friend Ann sent us a pan of orange rolls to make. They were the most delicious I have ever had.  It was so nice to sit with my family and listen to the messages.  It's always amazing how it feels like some of them were meant just for you.  It was definitely the spiritual boost I needed.
 We have been outside so much lately.  I feel like my hair always smells like the wind.
 Audrey's been helping her dad pick all the weeds.  They have been sprouting up like crazy.
 This weekend Bryan has had a particularly busy call.  It's been a "lay low" kind of weekend, which isn't always a bad thing.  We spent most of Saturday morning cuddled in bed watching cartoons.  I don't think the girls were too disappointed about it, that's for sure.
 We have a pit of rocks on the side of our lawn and occasionally it gets a little bit of water in it.  It is like a magnet for my kids.  We finally relented and let them play to their heart's content.  The built "Bear River State Park."  They would move rocks around to make a little river and then Lily would ruin it for them.  That's what little sisters are for right?
 They suckered me into buying them these tutu dresses from Costco.  They already have Easter dresses so these were the pre Easter dresses.  They looked so dang cute.

0 comments: