Sunday, November 23, 2014

Finally and Meeks

Despite some last minute stresses and trips to the bank we were able to finally close on our new home.  It is a bit of an older home and totally different than the one in Idaho but we love it.  It is a forever home for us with plenty of room for our family.  Because it was right before Labor Day we closed on the home, went camping with our family and then went to Idaho to get all of our stuff and moved in the next week.  When we actually closed on the home I had to wait a bit for the girls to get out of school.  Lily and I hung out at the empty house.  A neighbor dog came and made friends.  It turned out he was just being dog sat and really just wanted to play fetch.  We humored the dog for a bit and it was all fun and games until he fell down the window well and I couldn't get him out!  I was totally stressing but luckily he climbed out eventually.  Thankfully he doesn't come around and visit any more.  I don't have anything against dogs but I certainly don't need to fish them out of the window well very often.
 Here is my new kitchen.  The lady that sold us the house left beautiful flowers.  It was nice of her.  We had the most amazing realtor as well that gave us several very nice house warming gifts and dinner for the first night we were there.  We were really blessed to have such amazing people working with us to get this house.  I have never worked with better.
 This is the upstairs.  It was completely empty at this point.  As we slowly get it to where I want it to be we will have to post more pictures.  We have done lots and lots of painting and Bryan has done a TON to the backyard.  There are lots of trees around here that have required a lot of work.
 Right after we closed we drove to our annual family reunion.  The timing was not good.  I don't think we were the best company to be honest.  Closing on a house was so stressful and anticipating packing all of our stuff in Idaho and Bryan getting back to work was a lot on our minds.  Bryan ended up going back to the house and working on the yard while I stayed with the girls at Meeks.  We went to the Mountain Man Convention on the way there so Julia could see the Native Americans and get a dream catcher.
 Her cousins came along.  We ate Navajo Tacos that were delicious and enjoyed people watching.
 Carli brought her face paints and the kids made her do a different face every single day.
 The kids also worked on puppets.  They loved crafting and made quite a mess with paints and such.

 So many face paints.  The older two girls were always running off with cousins while I  was with Lily so it seems like she is in the majority of the pictures.

 Lily mastered the swing while we were there and was so proud of herself.  She up to this point had been terrified of the swing.  We would whoop and holler and demand everyone watch her while she was swinging so they could know she was being brave.
 Fun cousins.  I was glad in the end we came just so my kids could have such a great time with their cousins.


Overall it was a great trip and fun times to spend with family.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved seeing your home and everything else and can't wait to see more pics! Sure miss you. Moving is so incredibly stressful.