Bryan took a couple of days off of work and we made some plans to have a little mini vacation as a family. Since Grace is so little still we decided to stick pretty close to home. We went up the canyon and had the most wonderful breakfast and then headed to the resevoir to let the girls play in the water. It really was a perfect way to spend the day as a family.
Bryan got the girls some floaties to play with in the water.Julia has always loved playing in the sand the most.
They had lots of races in the water.
And of course did a little laying out on the beach.
We then headed up to Wyoming to do a little camping. Bryan took the older two up to scout out a good spot for camping. My parents and I headed up with the two littles and brought dinner.
They found the most perfect camping spot and we had such a delightful evening.
My girls are fiercely attached to their Nana and Papa.
This sweet baby loves being carried around in this carrier.
She is such a doll.
We went for a walk and it was just a gorgeous evening.
I absolutely love the Uintas. I think this is going to have to be a yearly tradition for our family.
I headed back to my parents with the two littles as they aren't quite up to camping yet. I did sit outside with my parents that evening at their house and we watched the meteor shower that was going on. We saw so many falling stars. It was a great evening.
The next morning we headed back to the campsite with breakfast. We then went and embarked on a hike up to Bourbon Lake. We remember it being a pretty long hike but it ended up being MUCH longer than remembered.
I couldn't believe what troopers these girls were.
Especially this little gal. I kept talking to her on the way back to keep her motivated. She kept saying, "What?" Turns out she couldn't hear me because she had an ear infection. So needless to say she was REALLY a trooper. We hiked forever and she was wearing sandals. We gave her the best three year old hiker in the world award.
The view from the top was pretty incredible though.Holding Papas ski poles made the trek almost worth it.
They tried a little fishing but didn't have any luck. That was a bummer but we had such a great weekend and were thankful for a little time away from everything.
















1 comments:
The best kind of camping...not having to actually camp!!
Post a Comment