So last weekend was blah. Bryan was gone to work the entire weekend and I suppose I was feeling a little lonely. I am not a weepy person by any means, but I was actually weepy. Bryan woke up from his post call snooze to a weepy wife who's only response was "I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm just sad I guess." For any of you that know me, this is not me. I am not only writing about this so that all of you out there can feel super sorry for me and my weepy self but because as I look at this weekend in comparison to last weekend it is like night and day. This weekend we are starting vacation week number one of 2nd year residency. It is like I am a new woman. It is like I am walking on air. An entire nine days of Bryan being home. Tonight it was time to brush the girls' teeth and I told Bryan to go and do it to which his response was, "I'm on vacation." To which I responded, "So am I. Go brush their teeth." Yeah I'm a good wife like that, and if he ever denies me I just threaten to go all weepy again. That does the trick.
Well back to last weepy weekend...I did try to brighten the mood by taking the girls to the bunny fountains in not super summery weather. Julia would play in the water for a second and then sit on this big rock because it kept her warm. They definitely are cute little stinkers (right now I can hear Julia saying in my head, "Mom, we don't say STINKY!")Isn't she beautiful? I just love this picture. Maybe it's because she's actually looking at the camera.
Audrey was much braver in the water this time. Maybe because she was too cold to know any better.
Well now we move on to this glorious weekend full of sunshine and flowers.
Our good friends the Gaileys, who grace this blog occasionally, came to stay with us and go to the temple and then we returned the favor and headed down there to hang out. I think it is one of the first times Dave and Bryan both had some time off. Cincinnati is really a beautiful place with so many trees and scenic spots to hike. A hike is not a hike without sticks.
I just love that Kristi. Not too many better than her and her sweet family. Even with Dave making inappropriate jokes. When they lived in our ward people would frequently get Kristi and me mixed up. I think it must be the hair. When Kristi gave a talk in church I had at least two people tell me "great talk."
Audrey was my uncooperative photo subject.
We made it down to the River Walk and had lunch. It was the most beautiful day. Thank you so much Gaileys again for the best time. So lucky to have such wonderful friends.
Now we head into a glorious week full of movie renting, apple/raspberry picking, going out to eat and whatever else this vacation week takes us. If you have any great ideas of things we could do this week send them our way!
Covey Seely
6 years ago




8 comments:
Yay! I am so glad that Bryan has some days off now so you can be together! I am also glad to know that I am not the only one who occasionally just feels sad. Julia is definitely beautiful, even when she isn't looking at the camera! Enjoy your "vacation"!
My idea: RELAX and enjoy every minute together. I love your posts; it's fun to see pictures of your kids and see how you're doing.
Looks so fun. I love those Gaileys too... Kristi doesn't even look pregnant - lucky girl. Have fun apple/rasp picking.
Sounds like a good ending to hang out with the Gailey's! You two do look similar, but I still think that is kind of funny that people get you mixed up. So the improtant part, have fun with your hubby and relax this week with him. I agree on the it's your week off too--enjoy it!
Kristi's pregnant?!
It was so nice to see you too. Thanks for a great weekend. I took it as a compliment anytime I was called Sister Palmer in church. Anytime you feel weepy, just give me a call and I will pay you a visit, or you could just get in the car a head on down to Cincy. Love ya!
so glad your week is going better...i hate those "weepy" times...happens way too often here! just ask ben.haha.
Oh my goodness! I could have written this post myself... almost word for word (well, the weepy and sassy wife part).
I so totally understand it all!!
Trevor has been Q2 for a total of 16 days this month. Two stints of 8 day Q2s. IT IS AWFUL!
I am such a mean wife because I wake him after a few hours (3-4) of post call sleep... mama's need a minute to breathe!
Email me and I'll give you my cell... we can be medical widows together!
My mom has no computer and no internet...it's making life interesting. We miss you guys! Can't wait to play LOTS when I get back next week. Bah, and then you'll leave. Hope you get to do lots of fun, relaxing stuff with the family.
Post a Comment