So I guess you could call this past week a "staycation" for us. For those of you that have lived in Ohio you know that fall here is absolutely beautiful. The weather, trees, smell, football, etc. Unfortunately for us, this entire week was rainy! Last week was perfect, this next week is supposed to be fantastic, so of course the week Bryan gets off is rainy and damp. But believe you me, we didn't let that stop us. It really was so nice to just have Bryan home and be relaxed (even though I'm pretty sure Bryan doesn't know how to relax).
We did a few walks around our house. These girls are getting so stinkin' big.I thought this picture was kind of cool. She was jumping off the rock and I caught her in mid jump. It kind of looks like she can do this awesome balancing trick on the tips of her toes.
We went and picked raspberries. I have never done this before. Audrey wandered through the raspberry paths and we lost her a couple of times. When I finally found her she had scratches all over her face. I suppose it was the perfect level for the prickly branches to get her. Nice that we had family pictures the next day. You can photo shop that out can't you Kara?
Julia was an expert picker. She filled her basket about a third full and ate the entire thing before we got home. They were so yummy. I can't get enough of them.
Since we were picking fruit we decided to keep our annual tradition and go apple picking. We first headed to the farmer's market and got squash, peppers and fresh peaches (amazing). Bryan also grabbed some hot pepper jelly. I though he was insane until I tasted it. It was fantastic! Who would have thought?
Audrey found a half eaten apple to start digging into, gross. We soon replaced it with an un-bitten one.
The trees were just filled with apples. Bryan mentioned that he could never be a farmer because the work is never done. That uneaten fruit in the trees would drive him crazy.
You just can't have too many pictures of your kids eating apples.
Okay for the past three years we have come to this same farm for apple picking. I have taken the same picture of Julia each year. This first one is Audrey's first "car seat" picture.
This is Julia's car seat apple picture this year and just for comparison's sake...
This was fall of '08...
and fall of '07. Do you think she's changed much?
Now my laziness has come to an end and I must get back into the swing of things before my sister's wedding next week.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




9 comments:
I love the picture of Julia jumping off the rock! I like the comparison pictures of Julia, it's fun to see the age progression! We are excited to see you guys even just for a little bit when you are out here!
Who doesn't like strange half eatin apples? We are super excited to see you guys next week. You should make the long trek up to Lander!!
How fun, Annie! I loved looking at all of these pictures. I'm so glad that you had Bryan home for a week and that you guys got to do some fun things despite the yucky weather!
Hmm, love the cardigan, wish I had one...
I'm glad you had a great week! Have fun at you sisters wedding!
Cute little apple eatin' girls. The pictures make me so excited to get the kid together and play again after these lONG 3 weeks!!!
Fun!! The girls are getting so big!! Doesn't it make you want to just freeze them in time? The are so stinking cute!! So excited to play!! Bring us some yummy raspberries and apples!!
Oh the autumn in Ohio! What a great time of year! Your girls have grown up in the last couple of months. It has been fun to see them with the apples and their darling ballerina outfits!
Oh, we really do miss Ohio in the Fall!! Glad you are able to get out and enjoy all the fun activities. Love your girls so happy and content eating their apples. Sounds like a great "staycation."
Post a Comment