I think it must be a second child thing. Audrey truly has this intense desire to be just like her sister and wants to do anything her sister is doing. She is always following Julia around and mimicking her every move. It's a good thing Julia doesn't mind or else we could really have a problem. I have caught a few pictures over the last little bit of Audrey getting caught up in some "big kid" activities.
I know this first one is going to become a real problem in the future but for the time being it seems to keep her happily occupied.
I love how she so daintily holds the pencil like she is going to write something important. She will actually sit and color with Julia for long periods of time. She will write and say, "A, A, A, A..." because Julia is practicing her letters and Audrey is very observant. Audrey loves to sit and read books as many children her age do. She must read her books sitting on Julia's bed or in a chair, because she is big. And you can't read a book unless you have a pretty princess necklace.
She is really focused on the upside down book.
It got a little cooler this past week and I went and got the girls some warm hats so they would be prepared. I don't enjoy cold weather by any means but there is something about knit hats and hooded sweatshirts/sweaters that is so inviting. I really enjoy the crisp autumn weather this time of year.
Julia is such a good sister to Audrey. There are times when Audrey will ask me for something and I can't understand her, but Julia knows exactly what she wants. Tonight Audrey was asking me for "milk" which sounded like "mi" and Julia went right over and grabbed her milk for her while I was still standing there confused. Audrey would only wear her hat when she saw that Julia was wearing hers.
Over the past few days whenever Julia goes on the deck to play she grabs her hat and mittens. One particular day she was decked out with jacket/hats/gloves but was shoeless and sockless. I kept asking her if her feet were cold but she assured me they were just fine.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




8 comments:
Audrey does look so big sitting up in the rocking chair!! Man, she has got a great head of hair too. Love the warm cozy hats on your darling girls!
oh my goodness, she is so big. i cannot believe how much she has grown! i love me some good cooler weather and a cute knit hat. they are too cute.
Audrey is getting so big! I love the jackets and hats, so cute!
Such a sweet post! I always wanted a sister SO badly--and I know I would want to do everything like her. And I'm with you on the not wanting winter to join us--but really excited about the hat and sweater aspect.:) Happy Fall!
I love how Julia knows exactly what Audrey is saying. Sweet sisters. They are so, so cute! And what imaginations! I love the picture of Audrey on the rocking chair. They are such gorgeous girls. Hope you are enjoying fall! I can't wait to see Julia's Halloween tutu!
oh man, i can't wait for scott to have a cute little sibling (no that is not a hint). i really did love that blog post and i really do want to come visit you guys soon and see you guys in person. hopefully it will happen soon!
I just never have enough time to keep up with everyone so when I saw how big your girls were I was shocked! They are so beautiful and blessed with great hair! It looks like you guys have cold weather already too...wow, we really miss Ohio and all of our friends. Fall is my favorite season in Ohio and it looks like you're enjoying it.
Hugs,
Sarah
They are so cute. I love your family pictures on Kara's website. They turned out great. I love Julia's haircut, she is so pretty. Have fun at your sisters wedding and call me when you get back in OH.
Post a Comment