Say what? A Pumpkin of course and this has definitely been a week full of them. Our adventures began at the pumpkin patch picking out the perfect pumpkin for carving. We also did a little tractor driving, sticking our heads through cut outs, playing in the hay, eating donuts and cider and going on the famous hayride. It was perfect weather and over all a great time.
Next up we had to get our feel for the right kind of pumpkin at the great annual Circleville Pumpkin Show. It is the most quaint little town that is jam pack full of carnival rides, food vendors and pumpkins of course. We have lived in Ohio for over five years and I can't believe this is the first time we have attended the show. We treated ourselves to some corn dogs (a coney dog covered in saurkraut for Bryan) and had DELICIOUS pumpkin dumplings with pumpkin ice cream on top. I had to stop myself from trying the pumpkin pizza and hamburgers. I love pumpkin but...that is just a little bit too much.
And finally the event we have all been waiting for. The great carving. Audrey only fell off this chair twice in the process but getting all the gooey slime out of the pumpkin was totally worth it. Nothing smells like Halloween more than when you catch that first whiff of the inside of a pumpkin.
Julia drew her own face on the pumpkin and I did the carving, though when I wasn't looking Audrey took a try or two (she really is a sneaky little stinker). Julia wanted a happy pumpkin.Personally I like to torment Julia just a bit so I made a scary face. Audrey thought it was pretty cool. She just kept saying "umpin" so I think that was the seal of approval. Julia kept her distance and wasn't sure she wanted the lights turned off when they were lit up, but I think she secretly likes the scary pumpkin.
The girls being forced to pose with their pumpkins.
Bryan made a silly face pumpkin that Julia felt was particularly clever. I had both the pumpkins carved before Bryan ever finished his. Maybe that's why I am not the doctor. I am definitely not a patient person. Maybe that's why scary pumpkin's left eye is larger than the right.
Oh, I can't even tell you how much I love this time of year. Hope you all have had as much pumpkin fun as we have.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
Fun, fun!! Love all your Halloween activities and am so glad that you guys finally went to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival--so jealous! I think I even made J.R. venture out so I could get my pumpkin ice cream fix on a very cold day when Alyssa was only 2 months old.
I can't get enough of Audrey's little face sitting there next to her pumpkin.
That sounds like so much fun! I want to go to the pumpkin show, and I LOVE Julia's "say what" face at the beginning! Your pumpkins turned out great!
Annie i LOVE all of your new family pictures!!! So cute. I also love the "say what?" picture of Julia! Classic.
I love the whole description of the carving process. It cracks me up that you like to torment Julia. :) I'm glad you said that Audrey fell off the chair twice, because that's exactly what Emerson did the other night when we carved ours! Hopefully there's no permanent brain damage on either accounts.
Cute PUMPKINS!!~ They look great! I'm with Julia I prefer "HAPPY" pumpkins!! Glad the outfit fits Audrey.. She looks cute!! Wish we could go to the pumpkin patch with you.. Miss you guys like crazy.. Wish you were still here!!
Great minds think alike...I did a pumpkin similiar to Bryan's!!! I am so going to make pumpkin dumplings...mmm does that sound yummy!!!!
Julia doesn't look too happy in some of the pictures...but your girls are so cute. Looks like it will be a great Halloween for you guys.
How bout I fly out here next year and we do the Circleville Pumpkin Festival together? I'm excited for our upcoming festivities!
I second Jessica in wanting to fly out here next year! Fall is so beautiful in Ohio and I love all that is going on. Cute cute pictures.
Oh I'm so jealous you went to Circle S and the Pumpkin Show. We had the most pathetic Oct ever. At least I got to experience all of it a little through your pictures.
such cute pics. i love your pumpkins..and your kids are too cute. audrey is HUGE!:)
Post a Comment