Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wedding Time


So the last of the Phillips' siblings has finally tied the knot. It really was a wonderful day. The sealing was one of the best I have ever attended and it made me so appreciative of the marriage I have. It was equally as wonderful to have my entire family in the temple with us to share this special day. Chuck is just perfect for Carli and I couldn't be more happy for them.

Julia really enjoyed being at the temple and enjoyed playing with her cute cousins even more.
Carli the beautiful bride and Adam looking slightly uncomfortable behind her.

I have to give Grandma (and Amanda and Ryan) a huge thank you for driving all the way to SLC to watch my girls and even took them to breakfast. Can you tell that Julia likes her? Carli's reception was absolutely amazing and beautiful. It better have been since we spent probably over 20 hours of labor on it. My favorite thing would have to be watching all the adorable kids running around. They looked so cute.
My girls in their matching dresses.
The cake was beautiful and if you look closely at the flower/bow on the knife, yeah, I totally made that (just don't look too closely).
I just love this picture. When the cake lady brought the cake she actually individually threatened each of the children to not touch the cake. I tell you what, she certainly would have scared me.
Just too much love. I kept having people ask me if these two were sisters. I think it must be the identical hair color.
My wonderful parents. My mom really did out do herself on this wedding. She seriously has the energy of a twenty year old. I can only pray I am like that at her age. She did such a great job.
Bryan had a conference the entire week but was able to come to the wedding. It was so great to have him there.
Our little family. I think this was right before Bryan had absolutely had it with the girls and took them home. It was a full and exhausting day that's for sure. My feet were KILLING me by the end of the night. We cleaned up, left for SLC that night, got to Bryan's hotel at 1:00AM and I had to get up at 5:00AM to drive him to the airport and then I drove back to Wyoming in the dark rain. It took me a few days to recover from this blessed event, but it really was a wonderful day. We are so happy for you Carli and Chuck.

My sister in law Aimei actually took way more pictures than I did. If you want to see more (and you know you do) go here.

5 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! I will have to check out Aimei's pics too, and you know we were soo happy to come watch the girls! Any excuse to play with them!

Jody said...

Fun TImes!! Hanging out together as family and even working together to make such a beautiful and special time for Carli and Chuck.. It really was magical.. So glad you and the cute girls could come and visit for awhile.. We had a blast..!

kiki comin said...

you guys look so great. what a fun day...those weddings really do take it out of you, huh! it looked like a beautiful one.

Phillips Family said...

I was wondering if you could have put a worse picture of me on your blog!?? I was uncomfortable...hello bad back!! It was great seeing you guys again. It was a great wedding. Tell Bryan next time he comes he had better be in a better, less stressed mood.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks fabulous!! So glad Bryan could make it to the wedding. Julia looks like she had a ball. Crazy to have your last sibling married off.