Sunday, October 18, 2009

This is the Birthday That Never Ends

Four years ago...

I just can't believe that little Julia is FOUR years old. It truly only seems like yesterday my sweet little girl was born and now she is looking so grown up. Julia was EXTRA lucky because she got to celebrate her birthday with lots of family and was very spoiled. The actual day of her birthday (15th) my mom and I laid out a table cloth and blew up balloons the night before so that she could come out and be surprised. Well, much like her mother, she is NOT a morning person. You can see in these pictures the slow progression to hesitant nervousness to complete excitement. It's amazing what a pancake with sprinkles and a few birthday presents will do for a person. My dad even stuck around to have our special breakfast. Thank you Nana and Papa!

I then dolled her up with a special crown, necklace and her very favorite shirt. She actually wore the crown most of the day. She really is our princess, happy birthday Julia!
A few of her spoils.
We went and met Grandma and Amanda at the favorite "Old McDonalds" and then headed to Gardner Village (more pictures of that to come). Grandma even brought her homemade brownies. I think I ate three they were so yummy. Thank you so much for coming and seeing Julia on her birthday. It meant so much to her.

One of the highlights of the day. She got to ride the snowflake pony. I don't think her face even does the excitement of this moment justice. My mom then took her to Build-a-Bear to get her a stuffed unicorn. It was just one of those moments I wish I could have frozen in time. Princess Pink Snowflake Unicorn is definitely something special. She was very worried when I packed it in our suitcase to come back home and made me retrieve it the second we got our bags. Party #2. My family came down to the house the next evening and we had a little cake. Julia was pretty stoked when she saw it. Walmart makes some fancy cakes.
Party #3. We had to celebrate with Daddy as we got home. I didn't even get a picture yet, but we were able to come to come across a bed someone was getting rid of, Bryan painted it, I got a bedspread, Bryan got a mattress and voila, new bed. Julia was SO excited to have a real big girl bed. We also got a few presents and Bryan surprised her with a red cake she wouldn't eat.
A few things about Julia now that she is FOUR:

1. She doesn't like a lot of direct attention from a lot of people. It makes her really nervous.

2. She loves school and learning. I'm continually amazed at how much she is learning every day.

3. She loves unconditionally.

4. She loves her friends and cousins. She wants to play with them constantly.

5. She never rejects a hug or a kiss from me.

6. She loves to play. She will have an entire plot line at a restaurant with sugar packets and the salt and pepper shakers. I love catching her in a playing moment.

7. She loves to sing and learns words to songs very quickly but I have a hard time getting her to sing by herself in front of me these days.

8. She is so kind to her sister and whenever she has a treat she makes sure to give some of it to Audrey. She is rarely cross with her.

9. She still has her moments but she is getting better at getting out of those moments and calming herself down.

10. She loves books and coloring.

We just couldn't love a little four year old more. She brings us more joy than I could ever express. I just can't believe we were so lucky to get such a special girl in our home. Happy Birthday Juls, Julsie, Orange Julius!

14 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Happy Birthday to JULIA!! What a lucky girl with all the parties! Also, what a cool dad to fix her a special red cake, even if she wouldn't eat it:). Love "Princess Pink Snowflake Unicorn"--she kills me with all the names. Alyssa seriously needs naming lessons from Julia. So glad it all was so great. Enjoy your darling 4 year old!

Phillips Family said...

We love Julia!! It was great seeing you guys again. Now you must move closer so Julia and Audrey can come and stay our our house.

Ryan & Amanda said...

We love that little Julia, Alli keeps saying Audey and Juwea, I think the little time we were together was memorable for her! We're so glad Julia had such great birthday celebrations, are are so glad we could see her on her birthday! I want to be added to the sleepover list for when you move closer!

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how many times I have meant to check the Primary list and find out her exact birthday...I am so sad we missed it. I know we will still celebrate, but dang! Happy Birthday you cute girl!

Lucy said...

Gardner Village! You were soooo close to where I live! Happy day to you Julia!

Scott and Melanie said...

Tell Julia Happy Birthday from Hannah! We miss you guys! I showed Hannah all of her pictures and she was so excited for her. LOVE the OSU family pics by the way!

Melinda said...

Happy birthday Julia! What a cute little princess. I'm glad you guys had a fun time in Utah.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Looks like you had a great time on your trip. She looks so grown up with her cute haircut.

Dehner Family said...

Happy 4th to Julia. I love your new pictures on top of your blog - so cute.

emilyy said...

so so fun!! Birthday's should never end when you are 4! Happy Birthday Julia, we need to take another trip down south to see you soon.... I hear it's warmer down there :)

Sara said...

what a beautiful little girl! Isn't it just amazing how fast time goes by! (I LOVE your family picts - you are an ADORABLE bunch!!!)

Rachel said...

I remember when she was born! I can't believe that she is 4. Time sure flies. Tell her Happy late birthday from us, even though she won't remember who we are. We do miss you. And we do need to talk again soon!

Cara said...

Happy Birthday, Princess Julia!!!!!
Love, your favorite Halloween trick-or-treating buddy,
Kate

The Teeples said...

Julia is still such a cutie. I can't believe she is 4 already. I still feel grateful I was able to spend so much time chillin with her when she was so little.

We are glad you are back. We missed ya.