Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dancing

The week before Thanksgiving was INSANELY busy! I think everything that could have gone on did. So before I can get to Thanksgiving I must first cover the week of insanity.

Audrey attended her very first birthday party.

Julia was kind enough to let Audrey wear her Aurora dress to the party though she did cry the entire way there because the party was not for her (generosity only goes so far for a four year old). I don't think Audrey had any idea what was going on other than the fact she looked "pretty" and how in the heck she was going to get that crown off of her head. (being the mom of two girls I pinned the crown on pretty good, she didn't get it off until the drive home.)
Then between parent/teacher conference, visiting teaching and other things, we squeezed in a doctor's appointment. It was Julia's 4 year and Audrey's 18 month. Julia is currently 95% in height and 50% in weight and Audrey is 10% in weight and 75% in height. The doctor was concerned about Audrey's weight gain for a while and we even had to make a visit to the endocrinologist (waste of time, thankfully) She is growing just fine and there are no more worries.

I went to the midnight showing of New Moon with some of my friends. We went to dinner, went to the showing of Twilight and then watched New Moon at midnight (After the three diet pepsi's I tanked I did have to get up to use the restroom approximately five times.) It was so much fun to get away by myself for that long! I can't even remember the last time I even went to a movie let alone two in a row! I can't imagine better company to enjoy the movie with. Other then being crazy tired and actually falling asleep during the OSU vs. Michigan game (gasp! I know) it was totally worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Audrey learned that using a spoon is not as easy as it looks. I have never in my life seen a child more frustrated. She refused to use anything but the spoon and I swear every time she got a spoonful she would move it to her mouth and off the spoon the food would fall. The rage was great. The She-Hulk was released. I should try and photoshop her face green. That would be awesome. "You won't like me when I'm angry."
Julia had another dance recital. She always looks so cute and I truly hope for her sake she can always have the little body shape she has now. She would be one lucky girl.
Look at that form, pointed toes and everything. I do believe this dance outfit has magical powers. Something happens to Julia when she puts it on. She can't move normally. She can only dance, and dance she does my friends. Dance she does.
Well it wouldn't be right if I didn't include a couple of videos of the dancing that went on. The first video is kind of funny because we were watching the girls do a "freeze" dance and all of the sudden we didn't know where Audrey had gone. Well if you watch the video you can see exactly where she went. It was so funny because not only was she out there cutting a rug like the big girls but she would actually freeze when the music stopped. She is such a stinker and thinks she is far older than she is.

The next video is Julia doing her turns.


7 comments:

cheeks said...

your girls are so cute.....and so so girly! i love it! i want to cry for audrey trying to eat from her spoon! i would be a hulk too if i couldn't get food to my mouth, poor thing!!

natalie palmer said...

i seriously loved that post! i laughed so hard at your cute pics and videos of audrey because i swear she is just a girl version of scott. they are so similar! from the food dropping off the spoon (and their stubborness in doing it themselves) to running around with the big kids. they would be the best of friends if we could only get them in the same state at the same time!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I think big kids must be super attractive for some reason because Alli's favorite thing is to play with the bigger kids, so funny to watch. I love the dancing! I can't wait til Alli can dance. I love Julia in her little outfit, so adorable! I hope poor Audrey masters the spoon soon, unfortunately I think it was more frustrating for me than Alli everytime she insisted on using the spoon (resulting in dumping and messmaking!). Her hulk face is really cute though!

Unknown said...

I must agree, a great post. Simply put, I love your girls. I may kidnap them and bring them along with me wherever we go next.

Phillips Family said...

It looked a lot like Audrey was involved heavily in the dancing portion of the videos. She looks very cute in her dress up. Julia is a great big sister.

Chuck and Carli Jarvis said...

I just want you to know that I have looked at this probably seven times and I laugh out loud each time at the freeze dance, oh and she looked way cute in her dress up.

Perry's said...

Looks like your Thanksgiving festivities were fun. Julia told me all about them at dance :) She truly is such a cute little dancer, she gets better every day and is such a joy to have, can't wait to have Audrey too.