Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Beach


Since we've gotten back from our trip every time I put Audrey down to bed she says, "Go to the beach?" We literally spent 4-5 hours at the beach every day. I think we are officially beach bums and to be honest that is my ideal vacation. Nothing to worry about except maybe getting too much sun or whether the waves will be good that day.

The girls loved the sand and loved the water even more. Julia always wanted Bryan to take her out in the waves and don't think for a minute that Audrey was going to be left out.
We are big boogie boarders and thankfully Folly Beach offers us some great waves. The only downer was because the water is so warm there were some jelly fish. I got stung pretty good on one of the first days. The only way I can describe it is it is almost like someone took a sharp rock and threw it hard against my leg. My dad and Bryan also got some very very minor (though not according to them) stings as well but it couldn't keep us out of the water. The waves were too good. My dad was so tired after one full day he literally couldn't get out of bed the next morning. We even helped Julia catch a couple of waves. Because she is so light you cannot believe how quick would shoot off. It was so fun.
Here's a family shot on our first day at the beach...
Notice Bryan's parched white skin. Well you can only imagine what happened that first day and what had to happen the next day...
We had to cover up. I suppose I have learned that if you want to keep enjoying the beach as long and much as we did you just need to cover up. Do you like our matching hats and rashers? We like to matchy match as much as possible.
My mom fed Audrey's love for gum. And with Audrey's sweet little face and "gum peas?" she was never denied.
We always rented an umbrella and ate lunch under there every day. So relaxing...
Especially for a sleepy little Audrey.
The Daddo and me. There are few things I love more in the world than boogie boarding with my dad.
I am just now realizing that I believe there are more pictures of me in this post than probably my entire blog. I think you can tell my mom took most of the pictures. Do I wish they were all with me in a swimming suit? No.
There was one day the jelly fish were so bad that we had to steer clear of the water. When you can see massive jelly fish washed up on the shore and nearly every person that is in the water is headed towards the lifeguard for some vinegar you steer clear of the water regardless of the great waves. And something I learned this trip is that vinegar helps soothe the sting. They actually do not recommend "peeing" on it if you can believe it. I think my dad used the entire lifeguard's supply of vinegar on his little sting. He does not suffer pain well. We also found so many beautiful shells, starfish and tons of crabs on our walks along the beach. So perfect. Can't wait to go again.

10 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the matchy outfits :) and you look great in your swimming suit, it is super cute!! Julia and Audrey are adorable of course, I don't think they could ever not be! The trip sounds soo fun, minus the jellyfish!, I definitely want to go to the beach now and just hang out, except talking to you guys has made me want to try boogie boarding. Maybe a little trip to the beach will have to be in the not too distant future.

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

We always match at Team Jones. You guys look like you had a wonderful time. We will have to get details and look into doing a trip there sometime. Your girls are so beautiful- good work. We need to get together one of these days...

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks fantastic!! Sorry about the jelly fish though--no fun no matter how big the sting. Great to have so many pictures of mom on this trip!! And you look great in a swimsuit too! I bet your girls loved collecting all the starfish.

lisa h. said...

that stinks about the jellyfish...ouch! you're brave to o back in, I think I would've been done. next time you'll have to try the Isle of Palms beach...it's a little nicer I think and usually less crowded than Folly.

Jody said...

If I looked that good in a swimsuit I would post it everywhere! You look GREAT! The girls are adorable and they look like they loved the beach! Boogie Boarding is so much fun, but a talent sometimes I have to cheat at it! Nana and GUM what more can I say. Glad you had a perfect trip you all deserved it! hugs and lots of love

Phillips Family said...

Was Bryan 'painful to watch'? Sure looks like a fun time. Wish we could have gone. We sure do miss the beach.

candice said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I wish I was there! I am like you I could sit on the beach all day.

Allyson said...

I LOVE that new picture on your header!!! Nothing better than the ocean and a happy family!:)

So sorry about the jellyfish...but glad you guys had fun! Well deserved!

Dehner Family said...

I'm with you about the beach being the ideal vacation! You guys are a good lookin group of beach bums :)

David and Kristi Gailey said...

It looks like you had a great time. Someday we will have to take a beach vacation with you. It looks like heaven!