For a vacation as perfect as this one I am going to have to cover it in a few posts so I'll start in Charleston....
We started out exploring the Waterfront Park. They have this great pineapple fountain that the kids can play in. I wasn't aware of this and didn't dress my kids appropriately. I told them they could take their shoes off and wade in the water VERY carefully...So they did.
Until Julia fell in and was completely soaked and none too pleased about it I might add. She wasn't too excited that I was snapping pictures of her shame either. Her face kills me.
It'll take a lot more than a soaked shirt and skirt to stop this girl. I believe at one point she was actually laying on her belly dragging herself around the fountain. Getting soaked was liberating.
Sweet Audrey remained a little cautious. She is her mother's daughter.
The harbor is absolutely beautiful. We watched porpoise jump and enjoyed the sea breeze, ahhhh heaven.
They have these great swings that Audrey wanted us to swing, "higher! higher!" You should have seen Papa attempt that.
Some more fountain playing. There was no holding her back now.
A little bit more cautious.
We were so happy to have Nana and Papa come with us. So so so happy.
Julia had to sit on the cannons at the Battery Park. Do you notice Julia looks progressively more wet as this post moves along?
A family shot in front of the buildings. If you haven't been to Charleston before you are missing out. The homes downtown are absolutely beautiful. It is so much fun to walk by them and peek into the gardens. We would totally buy one but they were listed well over 3 million. Just a bit out of our price range.
Jody thanks for the adorable visors! They look SO cute on the girls.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




9 comments:
Looks like a very fun place to vacation! So glad that you could get away! I am just as cautious as Audrey though! I think I would be scared to death to get in the water with Jelly Fish! The girls do look adorable! Next we will vacation together!
I definitely want to go there, it sounds wonderful! Poor Julia, I do love her face though!
I LOVE Charleston...some of my fam used to live down there and it was one of my favorite vacation spots. I'm jealous you got to spend some time there :)
We thought the giant spot on dad's shirt in that one picture was a nice touch. Your girls crack us up. Julia is a nut. Looks like fun, we are all looking forward to Disneyland and coming to visit.
Okay.. your new profile picture is gorgeous!! Love it. Also, I am so happy to see all of these pictures from your trip. Looks like a blast. So pretty too.
hahaha.. that was not from a stalker, Annie. I guess I was signed under a different account. Just Monica here. :)
sounds like a great time. i'm from there, so I get to go all the time and sometimes forget how great it is...except the heat, don't miss that!
I LOVE your family pictures!!!! My those Palmer girls are lovely!!!
How fun!! Those pictures of the girls playing in the fountain are gorgeous! I so want to see you guys and visit SC now.
Post a Comment