Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter's on It's Way

There have been a few rainless and warm days this spring so far. The girls have been consumed with "collecting." They spend hours outside collecting nuts, dirt, pinecones, etc. I knew this was going on, I had no idea to the extent. Seriously?! Let me tell you, when it rains like it does here in Ohio you can only imagine the mess. We are taking lots and lots of baths.
We went on a rainy Easter egg hunt today.

The group was small because of the weather. But I'm glad we braved it. The girls had a great time and I am certainly not opposed to small groups. Those Easter egg hunts where the parents are pushing little kids out of the way to make sure their child gets their share of eggs are lots of fun, but I think the small group is much better.

The girls showing off their eggs. Audrey was a little chapped her bag was less full than her sister's.

We have very very few Easter decorations at our house but we do have this magical bunny. Grandma gave it to the girls last year and it is definitely a favorite. I love the spontaneous love Audrey gives the Bunny throughout the video.



Now replay the video fifty times in a row. Then you can feel my pain.

5 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am loving that picture of the Easter egg hunt, some of those kids look like they were tortured not given candy, and I am glad Audrey understands the importance of equality when candy is concerned :). Good luck with the collecting, hopefully they keep it limited to unliving things!

Phillips Family said...

Very funny, we love Odd Job giving hugs and kisses.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

how cute are they? I feel your pain with Max's Buzz lightyear...to Infinity and beyond with no turn off switch...does it come with super sonic batteries that never die?!?!?! Can't wait to see you guys in June!

Bryan and Ellie said...

I'm so impressed you still egg-hunted. That, my friend, is dedication! The Warnicks walked out the door, felt the rain, and ran right back inside, tails between legs.

Unknown said...

Why are our girls playing with dirt on opposite sides of the country? Shouldn't we just let them do it together??? I forgot about the nickname Odd Job...hahahahaha