It was Bryan's birthday on Thursday. It seems like we are celebrating a lot of things at the hospital lately. He is finishing up a very long night float shift and we are so glad to see the tail end of it. Of course he had to work all night on his birthday so we wrapped his presents, made a cake and went and visited him. I forgot my camera but thankfully one of the residents had their phone and took a couple of photos for me.
As I reflect on the past ten or so years that I have known Bryan it seems that sleep deprivation has been a common theme. Bryan is such a hard worker. Going through undergrad working nights in order to pay for tuition and get hospital experience while studying for the MCAT was certainly not easy. Four years of medical school had it's challenges (I shudder when I recall board exams). And now residency where sleep is elusive has it's definite ups and downs. As I think about it though, I honestly wouldn't change a thing. He is teaching my children about sacrifice and hard work. He is there for our family even though his work hours often make it nearly impossible. He has learned and grown and become a better man through these experiences and I couldn't be more proud of him. It hasn't been easy. I have received a few phone calls when his choice of profession have been questioned. Lot's of "Why am I doing this?" "I am so tired." But he has continued to pull through and has become a very talented doctor because of it. If anyone deserved a happy birthday this year it was you Bryan. Unfortunatly it was just a cake and a couple of lame presents in the hospital but I hope you know how proud your girls are of you and how much we love you. We are so lucky. I know all the hard work you have put forth will bless our family immensely in the long run.
The girls love visiting Bryan in the hospital. They have Nick JR. on the t.v. and are almost always promised root beer and cheetos. It doesn't get any better than that for them. They were extra excited for the birthday celebration. Bryan has a very devoted fan club.




7 comments:
Julia is definitely the star of that show-you can tell in one look. I love that she is so fancy. Oh Audrey- I love you as well.
You made me tear up with your words about Bryan-am I turning into my mom? oh yes.
love your guts
Glad Bryan had such a special birthday! Your cake looks yummy! The girls look so cute and sweet. Julia I'm sure you danced just like a princess! Audrey you are a princess with STYLE! We miss you all.. love ya
What a great birthday. We were hoping it would be documented on TV. Julia looked sharp, and Odd Job looks very excited and poised to be the next proud Palmer dancer.
I always get a little nervous when I get a phonecall from ben questioning his choice of profession...
Happy Birthday Bryan, hope it was everything your heart desired. You are lucky to have such a wonderful little family. Those girls of your are too cute for their own good. Gonna have to watch out when they get a little older!
Happy birthday, Bryan...I totally am star struck by Bryan now!!!
Somehow I missed this post til just barely :). You are such a wonderful wife, that cake looks delicious and I am sure the celebration was a nice little break! Seriously Bryan has always been such a hardworker-like as long as I can remember he "makes things happen" no matter how much work it takes-even if it is thinning stinkin' peach trees :). I love Julia's outfit she is definitely the cutest dancer ever, and Audrey's excited face is completely adorable!
Post a Comment