Thursday, April 14, 2011

How Lucky Am I!?

I am literally the luckiest girl in the world. Not only because I have the most wonderful friends in the world but because Kara, Monica, Jessica and Kiki came all the way to Ohio to visit ME! Me me and only me! Okay maybe that's not totally true, but they did stay at my house, eat all my food, take over my basement and keep me up until 2:00AM every night/well morning. So bascially what I am saying is it could not have been more perfect. It came right at the end of night float, the dreaded and horrible night float, and seeing them again, well it nearly brings tears to my eyes. I just love these girls so much. So so so glad they came to visit. I picked them up from the airport and we had a delicious cake to belatedly celebrate Jessica's birthday. I got a little distracted making her brownies and added way too much oil. But to make up for it I did top them with Heath Bar. Jessica is giving the cake the "wild eye." I don't think she trusts it. That was probably wise. I tested them on the children first don't you worry. Julia said they tasted fine.

We met up with some friends at the church so they could all say hello. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I think they all actually came to see me. After seven years in Ohio they just can't get enough of me (fine, we all know that is a lie). Thankfully I was more than willing to share the wealth and even took this picture of the whole gang. Such wonderful people have come and gone and stayed here.

We spent a lot of time on this couch eating candy and talking about all kinds of stuff. I haven't seen some of these girls for over a year and we still could talk for hours and hours. I love that.
We went to Old Navy and Jessica managed once again to take a picture that makes me look 6 months pregnant when I am not. Thanks again Jessica. I can't wait until my family calls and starts asking questions (yes this did happen once before). Maybe it's my poor posing ability. Hand on the hip Annie!
Saturday was a day full of do whatever strikes your fancy at the moment, which without kids is the best day ever. We went out for lunch, ice cream, dinner and did lots of random shopping. It was seriously so wonderful.
We went to these trendy shops for beads where there was a cat wondering around in the shop...
Jessica stopped giving my cake the "wild eye" and transferred it to the little kitty. How can you find a cat wondering around a shop and not take a picture? I ask anyone.
Or a picture with the flamingo. So as you look at this picture and wonder what in the heck is wrong with my face I am apparently allergic to cats. My eyes swelled up super huge. It was like that movie, Hitch. When I showed this picture to Bryan he literally said, "What is wrong with your face? You look terrible." Curse that cat. And curse this weird looking Flamingo too.
Ritas....mmmmmmmmmmm....need I say more.
We went on a nastalgic walk around the track where bats tried to fly in our hair. So many memories of bike rides, chasing kids and family time on this track. I miss it so much.
Here's my awkward parting shot taking the gals to the airport. I hope they all look at this and remember that I have never really forgiven them for moving away. And I don't think I ever will.
Such a perfect trip. Bryan was awesome and took the girls the entire weekend for me and I must thank Kyle, Ben, Landon and Nate for sacrificing their wives. You guys are the best and I am seriously so so lucky. Maybe next year we'll head to Vegas...what do you think Bryan will think of that?

7 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

For reals, every girl needs friends like that! The whole weekend sounds amazing!! I think Vegas is definitely a great idea-then you get to heading out somewhere :).

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

Wait just a minute....Is that Monica Welch (new name)????? I totally played in high school orchestra with her and she is amazing. Small world and you are gorgeous Annie.

Kara said...

I don't really care what bryan will think because we will be in Idaho by then and I will have plenty of people to take Bexley, so I am definitely in for Vegas next year...just start preparing him now. Thanks for being such a great hostess!

Phillips Family said...

Looks like fun. But we are still trying to figure out why Kara is wearing a "Disneyland, Phillips, 2011" sweatshirt? Annie, you have cool boots.

Jody said...

Looks like an AWESOME time! I'm sure you were the best HOSTESS! Kind of funny on Sunday we were sitting around your moms table talking about your friends.. Your dad came in and said "who are you talking about?" we started laughing and said "Annie's cool friends." Weird that we can know your friends so well from blog stalking! They all seem so sweet and fun! You really did deserve to have such an AMAZING time! Just so you know "what happens in VEGAS stays in VEGAS!".... let your planning begin..

Unknown said...

I keep suddenly giggling to myself as I do things around the house and think of "wild eye." Vegas it is. I have a HUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE house that you can all stay in. And we can see any dang peep show you want.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I am jealous. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend together!