We've had a rather eventful day here.
First of all let me start about a week ago. I received a phone call from the hospital from someone other than Bryan. To be honest, I initially thought there must be something wrong. I kind of had that, "is Bryan okay?" thoughts racing through my brain. Thankfully he was fine and the kind lady was just informing me that Bryan was receiving an award. She reinterated several times that this was a BIG DEAL. She didn't have to tell me twice. The only downside was that we had to be there at 7:15AM. For those of you that know me, know that 7:15AM and I are not very good friends. 7:15AM and my two daughters are even worse friends. But to see Bryan win an award was worth it. So I got up bright and early and woke up two VERY grumpy girls bright and early and this morning we headed to the hospital.
The best part of the whole experience was that Bryan had no idea he was receiveing the award and had no idea that we were coming. I will never forget his face when he walked into Grand Rounds amidst many green scrubbed doctors and saw me and his two little girls sitting there. He kept mouthing, "what is going on?" I just pulled out my camera and said, "You'll have to wait and see." Such a great moment.
So Bryan was the recipient of the Compassion in Medicine Award. Dr. Krantz gave a very nice introduction and presentation. This was the only grainy picture I got of Bryan actually receiving the award.




11 comments:
Bryan looks so doctorly! Whatever that means, but he does! What an honor that award is. So sad we didn't get to chat today. Audrey looks like the cutest 3 year old to grace the land.
Wow! What an accomplishment!!! How exciting!! I am so glad that you got to be there for that. Way to go, Bryan.
And that picture of Audrey. So so cute.
BJ told me all about it and I was not one bit surprised. You guys are both wonderful. Great pictures and good for you for making it to the hospital so early-ouch
We always knew you picked a good one in Bryan...even if he went to the u. Very happy for you guys.
Congrats to Bryan! It has been great to get to know him better with his diligent monthly visits.:)
P.S. I laughed out loud at your last post when you said you look forward to eating cereal the next morning (every night). I totally, 150% get it. ME. TOO. Amen.
that is so great, congratulations bryan! and power to you annie for gettin up and getting the girls there too :)
So awesome Bryan! Does not surprise us at all that he would win an award like that. Annie I am so proud of you for waking you and the girls up that early! That deserves an award in of itself!
Oh Little Audrey off to preschool! Can't believe it. Enjoy the alone time! It is amazing how quickly things seem to fill that time!
See ya Monday!
That is so awesome for Bryan! I have to say I am not completely surprised, he is one of the hardest working and kindest people I know and I can't imagine him being anything other than the perfect balance of compassion, humor, and knowledge as a doctor. And for real 7:15 to have to kids ready and be somewhere-that is seriously impressive. I don't know when the last time I had myself ready to go somewhere at that time, let alone kids! Oh my, Audrey's smile is so stinkin' cute, love her excitement!!
Congratulations Dr. Palmer, what at achievement!!!
Congrats, Bryan!!! Audrey is so cute!!! I can't wait until Max can go to preschool! Hope all is going well with you...can't wait to meet the newest cute Palmer!!!
So cool--way to go Dr. Palmer!! Love how it was a surprise to see you all there!
Post a Comment