
We headed to the apple orchard once again this year. There is nothing better than a crispy apple picked right from the tree. I love this fall tradition.

The trees were just filled with giant apples.

Julia recently lost a couple of more teeth so she has to improvise when eating apples.

Audrey had hold as many as possible.

They have a great little farmer's market there at the orchard and we love to go there and get jam and other goodies. This year the smell of apple fritter and apple donuts was intoxicating to my pregnant nose. I had to have one immediately and sent Bryan over to make a purchase. At that moment I honestly didn't care how much they cost. While the girls and I were waiting we were surrounded by bees that must have been attracted to the sweet apples. One landed on Julia's braid and I went over to try and get it out of her hair. Unfortunately I was too slow and it flew down the collar of her jacket. At this point Julia started screaming. By screaming I mean SCREAMING. In order to avoid the staring crowd I led her to the car and examined the aftermath. She had been stung. I felt so bad every single time I saw the welt on the back of her neck. Fortunately she made a full recovery and now has a very healthy fear of any flying insect.

After apple picking we headed to a local metro park. It was such a perfect day. We hiked for over a mile and the girls didn't even whine!



It has been pretty rainy this week and so I figured I should try and make some effort to be a better mom rather than the "sit on the couch and ask the girls to pick stuff up for me all day" kind of mom. So we made pumpkins. Look at their concentration.

Audrey showing off her good work.

Julia has been very enthusiastic about making Halloween decorations this year. I love having her pictures hanging up around the house. I haven't even put up our store bought ones. I think I like the homemade ones better.

As mentioned before, we have been losing teeth around here. When you lose one it makes a great place for holding food.

As you can see in this picture Julia has lost yet another tooth. The tooth fairy is going to go broke at this rate. I had to take a picture of the girls in their cute Buckeye gear even though the season is looking to be less than stellar. At least they look cute.
6 comments:
Wow, the apple orchard. Fall has come very fast. We were just talking about how a year ago we were getting ready to come for our visit. We had so much fun!! Wish we could come again this year.
Wow, the apple orchard. Fall has come very fast. We were just talking about how a year ago we were getting ready to come for our visit. We had so much fun!! Wish we could come again this year.
I love fall...it's so pretty...I agree about the homemade decorations are more special than the store bought ones!
Apple donuts are amazing, especially freshly made-my mouth is watering right now thinking about them! Look at you crafty mom with the art projects, that looks like a lot of fun! It kills me that Julia is old enough to be losing teeth, but I love the new hiding place for food :).
So Brian has to work more to cover the tooth-fairy expenses, I take it? What a cute little toothless wonder Julia is.
You should totally come out to Montana, we have a whole week devoted to Apples, and then we can start working on our arranged marriage deals.
Post a Comment