My Julia turned the big six this past week. Six. How is it possible that I am a mother of a six year old? These are definitely the years that birthdays are a BIG deal. She was beyond excited. She and Audrey were bouncing off the walls for an entire week beforehand and for three days after. We still have birthday hangover to be honest.
We had to have a little party at our house. Julia helped me decorate. Audrey was particularly enthusiastic about all of this and had to throw in some cheerleading moves. It was a pajama party complete with a movie and pizza.
Six years old. That's right. I remember when I turned six I was so excited that not only would I hold up one hand of fingers, but two hands.
They spent the evening decorating bags, making necklaces, eating pizza, watching a movie and eating cupcakes. Julia loved every minute. It almost made it worth my 9 month pregnant body sitting on the floor helping eight little girls thread beads onto their necklaces. Almost. I had forgotten what a big deal present opening time for little girls.
The next morning on Julia's "official" birthday she requested pancakes with nutella and eggs. She also requested a smiley face. I tell you what, this mom delivers.
We also opened some presents from us. Even though Audrey had found my hiding place earlier and given Julia a little sneak preview, we decided we'd give them to her anyways. She can't help it if her little sister is a sneaky stinker. Can you tell which present Bryan wrapped? We ran out of wrapping paper and rather than take my advice of finding a bag, he improvised.
This little one on the other hand had a little bit of a rough weekend. It is so hard when your sister gets all the attention. Audrey has spent a lot of time talking about HER birthday party. Unfortunately she still has seven months to go. I'm sure it will be magical when it finally arrives Audrey.

Lucky for her a friend from church was having a birthday party and she got to go. She wore her supergirl costume and looked oh so cute. I laugh every time she puts it on, revs herself up, throws her arms up and yells, "super doowl!"

I told Julia she had two full hours while Audrey was at the party with just Bryan and me. What did she chose to do with her time? Play with her new toys uninterrupted for at least an hour straight. I sure do love this girl and her imagination. Little sisters are the best, but sometimes having toys all to yourself is even better.

Then to make it a SUPER birthday weekend we headed to a pumpkin patch with some of our good friends. These girls love playing with Riley.

There were so many fun things to do. The kids literally bounced from activity to activity. Audrey was so thrilled with this dress that she refused to wear a coat even though it was chilly. I suppose the running around kept her warm.

We got lost in a corn maze for a bit. As we were in the middle of it we noticed that there was quite a large group that was following us, as if we knew where we were going. Little did they know that two three year olds were navigating. Following us may have not been their best choice.

Here's Audrey contemplating the meaning of life while staring in the distance. Maybe she was contemplating why she was so cold.

A family shot in the pumpkins. Audrey's face is literally covered in dirt. Always a sign of a good time I say. And she finally broke down and wore the jacket.

Overall I would say the birthday was a success. Julia sure is a sweet little girl. As I'm getting ready to have my third, I have thought back to when I was getting ready to have my Julia. There is something about the anticipation of your first child that is unique and indescribable. She has exceeded my expectations in so many ways. She is such a source of joy in our family. We sure do love you Julia and are so thankful that Heavenly Father sent you to us. I cannot imagine my life without you and my life certainly wouldn't be complete without you. Happy birthday sweetheart.




5 comments:
Happy birthday JoJo!! Looks like she had a great and wonderful birthday. We sure wish we were coming to your house next week like we did last year...ah well. What is all that green at your pumpkin patch...it looks lush and stuff...nothing says pumpkin patch like brown and barren dirt fields...ah Wyoming...don't you miss it.
My question is, if Jansen had been there could he have come to the all girl PJ party? Maybe he could have been like a butler and served them all their food. I am so glad she has jumped on the Littlest Pet Shop train...and Julia is just getting more and more beautiful if that is possible.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA! I love Bryan's wrapping job-stellar haha! The party sounds like so much fun and that nutella pancake kind of makes me want to grab some nutella right now! My favorite is Audrey in her supergirl costume or maybe her cheerleader moves-so adorable!!!
How fun! I can't believe Julia is 6. I remember her as a tiny baby. Now you are having a third. I hope things are going good - I hate that last month (just shoot me!). Oh, and that pancake is making my mouth water. Looks delicious!
Happy Birthday, Julia! sssdderrgtnmjkjuyfefd...that was from Max. Hope you are feeling good...can't wait to see numero tres!!
Post a Comment