Saturday, November 12, 2011

She's Here!

Well I headed into the hospital November 10 to be induced. I like inductions because you get to have a nice "before" picture like this one.
Instead of the "somebody please put me out of my misery" picture like this one. Things went great though. I went in at noon and because my doctor wanted to finish his clinic hours they waited to break my water so he could make it. After they broke my water it was a mere 45 minutes and she was out. I'm not sure if my epidural wasn't as strong or if the fact that it only took 45 minutes to go from a 5 to baby out but that ending was pretty intense. Thankfully I only pushed a few times and out she came. Everyone kept saying she looked so big and that her head was really round. That could also explain why it was pretty intense.
But oh my goodness, is she worth it. Isn't she beautiful? I had the BEST nurse ever. I guess that's what you get for being a resident's wife. I deserve a little bit of special treatment. She really was amazing.
There is nothing like holding your new baby for the first time.
Introducing our Lily Florence. She was 8 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long. And I'll tell you what. I am SO glad to have our OUT.
Nothing in this world is more sweet than welcoming a precious little baby into the world. It is such a spiritual and amazing experience and I am so thankful that things went well and that she came out pink and screaming. We are completely in love with her and she feels so much a part of our family.
My Dr. is also the best. He missed my first two deliveries and made it a priority to get to this one. I had him pretty stressed out about making it, but make it he did. We were so glad to have him there.
The proud father.
The excited big sisters. They were so happy she was here. Audrey was totally freaked out by my i.v. but she loved looking at the new baby.
Julia is going to be the best helper.
So is Audrey. I am so blessed to have these three girls.
This little Lily has lots of hair like her sisters. In may ways she resembles them but we are pretty sure she's going to have her own look.
Oh I could kiss her cheeks off.
Her coming home outfit. The girls helped me pick it out.

I was SO ready to get out of that hospital. It is so nice to have her home.
Welcome to the world Lily! We are so happy to have you here.

19 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I LOVE all of those pictures!! She is so precious, I really want to just reach through the pictures and hold her! We are so excited for you guys to have another darling little girl, and I love that Bryan is truly a proud daddy of his girls! She really is a beautiful baby Annie, nice work!!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I am dying to kiss her cheeks off too! She is beautiful. Sounds like everything went well. Can't wait to talk to you!

Katie said...

Aw, she's darling! Congrats you guys. I'm so happy she is here safe and sound. I hope you are recovering well and feeling good. Love that she and Ben share a birthday. You and Whit are just so right there, you know? Love it. Anyway, I'm so happy for you guys and hope we get to meet your little Lily (love the name) soon.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Adorable!! And sounds like things went really smoothly. SO happy that she is here and she joins a wonderful family. Lucky with fabulous big sisters too. Enjoy those kissable cheeks!!

Lucy said...

A huge congrats to you and your family!! What a cutie!

Dehner Family said...

Yay for speedy deliveries!! Lily is adorable and I'm so glad things are going well. Congrats!

cheeks said...

she's so dang sweet annie!! congrats! your girls are all so beautiful! it's good that your dr made it on time.....but at least if he didn't you have a competent husband in the field :) i love that you can already see the chub rolls on her legs! my fave!

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I LoVE LOVE LOVE!!! She is beautiful and will fit right in with your gorgeous family. What a little sweetheart. BJ said you had Dori and I was so happy-isn't she the best? I am so glad you are home and getting settled. Enjoy the time with your Mom-can't wait to hold Lily!

Brookel said...

She is so precious! I love her big cheeks too and the picture of Audrey and her where her cheek is smooshed a bit, so dang cute! You look loveley and congrats on another beautiful girl. and I really like the going home outfit, it makes me want to get fancier.

Kara said...

Oh I love her! And I want to take her picture and hold her and bring you dinner and watch your girls for a few hours...
Maybe I'll just settle for getting her baby gift in the mail!
I've resisted calling you every single hour of every day this week...you better call me the second you can.

candice said...

So sweet Annie! I am glad things went well and you made it through. I love her little lips! She is so gorgeous. Bryan is going to have a heck of a time when those girls get older, they are all so dang cute. Enjoy that new baby and having your mom in town!

The Teeples said...

Oh My Gosh the one little pic I got of her on my phone was so dang cute and then these. Oh I can't wait to meet this little Lily. She is such a doll just like her sisters. You looked great! Wow! I can't wait to hear the birthing story from you. Yikes.

Can't wait to see you. Let me know if you need anything!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Annie, your little beautiful sweetheart is to die for!!! I am a little jealous that your one baby outweighed both of mine. You are the baby carrying hero!!! Can't wait for the three girls to meet and be BFF'S!!!!!!! Lily will be the leader! :) Congrats!

Phillips Family said...

We lover our LoFlo!! She is quite the looker. Can't wait to meet her.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy she's here and healthy!

Country Girl's Stitchin' said...

Oh my goodness! She is such a doll! I am so glad that everything went good for you. And I love her name! Good job Annie, she really is beautiful!

Rachel

kiki comin said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! and that is just talking about you in the first picture! i almost peed my pants when i saw you in your "misery" picture..only because that is all i EVER get!:) now i cannot wait to see your sweet girl. she is just plain cute.

donna clinger said...

She is so beautiful like her big sisters and her Mom!!! Congratulations on your new Palmer Baby girl!!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Lily is just beautiful and perfect in every way. Congratulations you guys!!!! Sending our love!