Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving was great this year. We had Bryan's Brother James and his wife Natalie come down and spend it with us. It is so great to have family closer. I can't even remember the last time we spent Thanksgiving with family.

So in honor of having family with us we decided it would be exciting to undercook the turkey this year. It is the great centerpiece of the dinner and why not have it be pink and raw on the inside. So Bryan, being the genius he is, whipped out the grill and grilled that turkey breast. Personally I think it tasted better that way. I think it may be a new tradition, to purposely undercook the turkey so we can have that delicious grill flavor. Makes the day a bit more exciting, don't you think?

The kids were starving, starving I tell you! It was so hard to wait for the yummy food.

Luckily we had tons of it to satisfy them. It was super yummy if you ask me. Between Natalie's yams and James's amazing chocolate pecan cheesecake I think it's safe to say we had our fill.
The kids had a great time playing. My personal favorite was when they came up in doctor's coats and started giving everyone shots. I think every doctor should be required to wear a pink sun hat. It adds to their credibility at giving a diagnosis.
This is the food coma that was the result of the delicious dinner.
The rest of the weekend was obviously spent watching "The Game." (Sorry about the underline I can't seem to stop it. Maybe blogger is thinking this is the really important part of the post). We lost "The Game" but I did have some girls dressed up dang cute, which kind of makes up for the loss. Kind of.
The good news is Urban Meyer is the new coach, so maybe next year we can totally redeem ourselves.

Have you ever seen a cuter little buckeye in all your life? I could just kiss that face all day long. Okay, I DO kiss that face all day long.
We also went to church this weekend. I know that may seem like a small task but with four girls to get ready before 9:00AM and to make it on time is a feat worthy of some kind of award. Lily looked so cute in the outfit my dear friend Kiki made her. Unfortunately she is a newborn and peed all over it. I HAD to have a picture, so this is all I could get before I needed to remove her wet clothes.
We also set up our Christmas decorations. The girls have manhandled every single one of them. I suppose that's what it's all about. I don't know if my tree will survive the season. Christmas has been the focus of all play around here.
Poor Lily is also manhandled every single morning/waking moment. Her sisters sure love her and give her LOTS of attention. What baby doesn't want to be mauled with attention every now and then?
I can't believe how much she is changing already. It's only been three weeks and I feel like she's doubled in size. I want to enjoy every sleepless/crazy/blissful minute of it.
I'm starting to feel like I can't be in fifty places at once. It seems that sometimes everyone needs me at once, my house is in dire need of a cleaning, my fridge is empty and I only have two arms but it is worth every minute. I have LOVED having a newborn again. I could stare at this face all day long.
Audrey has been requesting "Belle" hair every single day this week. She even wore a crown to Target. She stared at herself in the mirror at least fifty times this day.
So many pictures, I know. I can't get enough.

8 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Sounds like a great holiday. Bryan does, on occasion, come up with good ideas and cooking turkey on the BBq would be one of them. LoFlo is sure getting big and we can't wait to meet her.

Ryan & Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan & Amanda said...

She is so adorable!! I love that picture of her holding her head up! I think the grilled turkey option sounds fabulous, probably slightly stressful when you first discover the "pinkness". I wish I were closer I would love to come help you out for a few hours or a few days so you could seriously just hold your sweet baby and not worry about the house-maybe for your next baby??? And your girls' definitely would more than make up for any game loss, their outfits are so stinkin' cute!!

kiki comin said...

her outfit looked SO cute on her! so wish we lived closer..your girls are the cutest things ever.:)

R said...

She is sooo cute! Seeing her with all her cute chubby cheeks wants me want to wake up my own baby and cuddle. They are so kissable! I think I now also appreciate the newborn stage now more than ever cause it has flown by so quickly with 3.
Your girls seem like mine. Nursing can be a challenge with all the attention and little helpers, eh? ;)

Hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

How did you get so funny? Will you tell Lily hi for me? I think she was hanging out with Noah and has some things to tell us. Missed you at Thanksgiving.

Melinda said...

What a doll your sweet little Lily is! She'll probably be like a teenager by the time I get to see her in January! What a cutie pie.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Congrats on the new bundle of joy. She has some amazing cheeks. Any word on where you are moving to yet?