Friday, May 4, 2012

Preschool

Audrey has been having a great year at preschool.  They do such fun things like pajama parties, beach parties, show and tell and field trips to the fire station.  They have a special "friend" day where they can invite two people to join them for school.  Well this little girl's favorite person in the whole world is her daddy.  She is attached to him from the second he comes home and won't leave his side.  So I told him far in advance so he could try and arrange it to come be with her on her special day.  It wasn't looking promising but thanks to some very kind residents they made sure he could make it.  It meant so much to Audrey to have him there. 
 She would only have her picture taken with daddy.  I tried for one but was rejected.
 They performed all of the songs they have practiced this year for us.  It was beyond cute.
 The whole group.  One of the little boys to the right was singing "I'm NOT bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mom NOT be so proud of me!"  He did this on nearly every song.  It was hilarious.  Such a cute group of kids.  It was very entertaining to say the least.
 After the singing they had the parents come and do some dances with the kids.  I sat by Lily and watched.  Bryan is so good to our girls.  He danced right with Audrey the whole time whether he looked awkward doing it or not.  I know you all wish you could have been there to see Bryan do the hokey pokey and the chicken dance.
 Check out those smooth moves.  Audrey specifically requested that Bryan wear this shirt because it is her favorite.  She has very strong opinions about clothes, make-up, how her hair is fixed.  Teenage years could be interesting.
 Lily and I watched from the chairs.  Before you know it she'll be running around doing dance moves.
 This is Audrey's little buddy Riley that we carpool with.  He is Audrey's protector during preschool.  They stick together and if anyone tries to cross Audrey, Riley will tell them what's up.  She's lucky to have such a good friend.  Such a sweet boy.  And I sure love his mom too.
And now some video of the live action.  Great job Audrey!  You have done so well at preschool this year and we are so proud of you even though you only want pictures with your dad and not me.  I won't take it personally.  


1 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love that Bryan will dance with her, and he does look dashing in that shirt:)!! You guys are great parents and your girls are lucky to have you both!