Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zippity ay and Hidey Ho

This little chunker is six months.  How has half a year already flown by?  Well she is now twenty pounds and getting more difficult to haul around by the minute.  She is just so cute and sweet right now though.  I love this stage so much.  
 She is rolling from her back to her belly but can't seem to figure out how to roll from her belly to back.  It frustrates her and hopefully one of these days she can figure it out.  She is sitting up pretty good and loves to shove her hands in her mouth.  Drool is a good friend of ours these days.  She loves cereal and hates green beans. I mean hates them enough that she coughs and gags when I give them to her.  We adore her.  My favorite thing is to watch her sleeping with her chubby arms splayed out.  It is just so sweet.

 Audrey's birthday isn't for a few more days but she celebrated at school because it was her last day.  She took flower cookies and they gave her a hat which she wears on a regular basis.
 We had a big garage sale this week.  I still can't believe that people bought some of the things they bought.  It was great to get rid of some things before our move.  I encouraged Julia to sell lemonade and brownies to earn some of her own money.  She was so excited about it and sat so diligently the entire four hours of the sale.
 You will not be surprised that they were VERY successful..  I mean look at how cute they are.  How could you say no to those faces?  I had to make another batch of brownies because they sold out.  I believe we went through five pictures of lemonade.  It was a great experience for Julia and helped her learn about money and counting quarters.  They were the talk of the neighborhood.
 It was also my birthday this weekend.  I was recently released from my primary calling at church.  My former presidency arranged for families to come to my house every ten minutes to bring me something for my birthday from the primary children.  It was so sweet.  I have to say I teared up more than once seeing those sweet children that I have grown to love so dearly bring me a hand picked bouquet/cards/chocolates/beautiful flower arrangements and more.  I was overcome.  It made for a very special birthday and Mother's Day.  I love those primary kids so much and have been so thankful to serve in that calling as long as I have.  And thanks to my wonderful presidency friends for doing that for me.
 That evening Bryan, bless his heart, kept the girls so I could go shopping with some of my most dear friends.  It was such a wonderful time!  I loved the drive there and back chatting and I loved getting me some new clothes.  I also love talking my friends into getting new clothes.  It was a win win all around.
 Thanks girls for being such wonderful friends and for making it such a great day.  I am so lucky.
 We then grabbed dinner with some more friends and stuffed ourselves silly.  It was a perfect day.
 Then for Mother's Day/Birthday Bryan made me a delicious dinner of king crab legs and steak.  It was SO yummy.  If you know me, you know I love the seafood!
 What a lucky momma I am.  Lucky to have such wonderful friends, a loving husband, beautiful girls and family that support and make me feel special.  My heart is full.  Thanks again to everyone!

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Wow, you are spoiled!! Hope you had some great celebrations and hope you are getting ready for your big move.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! You deserve it! Too bad I couldn't join you for shopping, that would have been fun. Happy Birthday!

Ryan & Amanda said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend!! You definitely deserve it though, and I must say I am mucho impressed by Bryan's cooking skills-the last time I cooked with him it was ramen noodles with extra butter after his mission:).

Unknown said...

IDEAL WEEKEND! SO glad you were celebrated because you deserve it.