Monday, June 18, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

Julia just (well maybe a few weeks ago) graduated from kindergarten.  She is looking so grown up to me.  I can't believe this school year is done.  Thankfully I honestly feel I couldn't have asked for a better school experience for her.  She had the best teacher and friends and I have seen so much growth in her.  
 It was a good day to celebrate.
 Here she is singing songs for all of us with her friends.  Julia is a carbon copy of her dad.  She was so happy to go and sing but wouldn't look at us the entire time.  She was almost turned completely away from us.  She gets nervous sometimes.
 Bryan was able to leave work to come and see her.  He even brought he flowers.  She thought that was very special.
 Have you ever seen a cuter graduate?
 We sure do love Julia.  She has really grown to love reading and writing this year and I love all of her stories (even if they are about me kicking her in the face, you all remember that one don't you?).  My favorite thing is that I see her being kind to her friends and trying to include people.  She has a very diverse class and was friends with everyone.  That makes me very very proud of her.
 Her beloved teacher Mrs. Headley.  I could not thank this woman more for giving my daughter a love of learning.  A wonderful teacher is invaluable and Mrs. Headley was wonderful.
We are so proud of our Julia.  Now on to a new school, a new town, new friends and new everything.  First grade is going to be a bit of an adjustment but I know Julia is going to do great.
 We also went strawberry picking here recently.  I was VERY brave and took all three girls by myself.  Luckily Julia was a pro picker and helped me immensely.  Those berries were delicious.
 This little lassie is growing before my eyes.  She is getting close to crawling and is getting in to everything.
 Oh man I love that smile.  Her little body is just asking to be squished.


3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Go Julia!! What a great day and celebration.

Unknown said...

Love you, love your kids, see you next month. the end

Ryan & Amanda said...

Julia really is looking soo grown up-and so beautiful, I love her pink and gray outfit!! She is such a sweet, kind girl! Audrey is just so adorable and I really just need to squish Lily! Looking at these pictures makes me miss you!!