So our home is nowhere near being finished. I have many empty walls and semi-furnished rooms. It will definitely be a work in progress and I know much of it will be unfinished for awhile. It has been fun getting it to where I want it to be and we really love it. The location is perfect and it is the perfect size for our family. Since there is so much of it that is not ready for pictures I thought I would share with you my very favorite parts of the house. As I complete the rest I'll share more pictures.
This is the outside of the home. I even put a wreath up. I know. I'm crafty like that.
This is.....drum roll please.......the GARAGE! Many of you know that I have never in my married life ever had a garage before. It's really warm outside so I haven't enjoyed it's full benefits yet, but I know I will. It is fantastic having all the space, let me tell you. That window right there peeks right into where my girls spend 60% of their day. They love having the playroom up there because it doesn't smell like spiders like our basement in Ohio. What do spiders smell like? The pantry. You see all the empty space? That's right. I have room for empty space. And the light turns on automatically when you walk into the pantry. Lap of luxury right here my friends.
Do you see the laundry room? Do you see my room? Do you see that they are literally three steps from each other and not two flights of stairs from each other? Main floor laundry is where it's at. I am LOVING it! Does it mean the laundry gets done in a timely fashion? Don't you judge me! I just moved here. I'll get to it when I get to it.
King size bed and the bedspread I got a killer deal on. I love it. It makes me so happy every time I see it and I sleep like a dream. I don't even know Bryan is in the bed it's so big!
Do you see any kid's bath toys? Do you see that there are two sinks? Yes this bathroom is all mine, ALL MINE I tell you! I do not have to share with three little girls any more. I think I may have even gone to the bathroom uninterrupted once. Maybe twice! Gosh dangit you think you could use the commode in peace but those kids will find you every time. Doesn't matter if you house is larger or not.
This closet is heaven. Sometimes I just stand there, marvel, shed a solitary tear, you get the idea. It is the best closet ever. I have room for everything. Everything has a place. There are even shelves for shoes. I don't have to store things in the girls' closet or under the bed. Bryan doesn't have to use plastic drawers any more.
This is my grandmother's old table. I got new chairs and a bench for it and I love it. I feel like a piece of her is with me and it makes me feel happy. I know she was such an amazing, intelligent woman and I want my children to remember her legacy. I love having this table in my home and it looks so beautiful, this picture doesn't even do it justice. What I love even more is that just above it I get to look out into the backyard at the little ones playing. Also when it is evening the sun sets in this window every night. Such a pretty view.
A yard! We had a deck and a couple feet of grass behind us and I'm not sure my girls know what to do with all of this space. Every once in a while Julia will say she misses our deck and the tree behind our old house. It makes me laugh. Julia! You have room now! run girl! Run! They really do love having the space and we have played lots of soccer and wiffle ball out here.
There is even a great remote controlled valance shade thingy that comes down.
This yard is huge! Thankfully we found someone to mow it for SO cheap. We thought we would just have someone mow it until we could get a riding mower but these people are SO cheap I don't think it's worth it. Bryan has been hard at work fertilizing, watering and making plans for all this yard. It is so pretty out there I can't even tell you. To have space!
Did I mention that I don't have to share a bathroom with my kids anymore? Now their dang bath toys can just stay in the bath and I don't have to step on them when I take a shower.
Another great thing is we don't have a garden, but so many people do that they bring the garden to you! I don't even need to go to the grocery store! I just go to church and it's sitting on a table there ready for me. We have had to find lots and lots of uses for zuchinni. That stuff must grow like crazy out here. I'm not complaining! We love all of it.
What am I not necessarily loving? This child has figured out complete mobility. It may be in the form of a zombie body drag but it is mobility nonetheless. She gets up on all fours ready to crawl but impatience gets the best of her and body drag it is. She loves the cords so much. What is is with the cords?! Every kid I swear. Look at that unruly hair and drool soaked shirt.
Proof that she doesn't always look like a ragamuffin.
She is such a funny girl. She loves having her sisters around her and laughs and laughs at everything they do. She also ADORES her daddy. Every time he speaks to her she giggles. We can't get enough of this Lily.




11 comments:
Your home looks beautiful! So fun. So glad your girls don't have to play where it smells like spiders. Gross. :)
No doubt my 3 favorite words from this post are "zombie body drag." BEAUTIFUL HOME, so happy I have been able to see it!
Wow, great house. Looks wonderful. who needs all you can eat german sausage when you have a house like that.
Your house is so pretty! I'm jealous while I sit and write you her from my 60 year old farm house ;) Isn't the pantry and conveniently located laundry such wonderful luxuries...makes me not miss living in the old Hilliard Village quite so much!
Your house is beautiful! You have long deserved it. I hardly recognize that cute little Lily, she is getting big!
Oh Lily is ADORABLE!! And your house is beautiful!! So happy for you guys, I love it!
i love your house!!! The automatic pantry light, main floor laundry, huge country yard, remote control awning, king size bed, master bath! I was totally laughing about the plastic drawers bit....we all go thru that phase, don't we?! Looks like you got some new wheels too! Congrats!! You are totally going to be appreciating that garage in a couple months!!
I'm so glad for you and your beautiful new home! We are still in the plastic drawer stage and loving it...but it's nice to see what we have to look forward to. :) Residency stinks. I am finally understanding what you were talking about. You deserve the lap of luxury after all that work, so soak it up!
I agree--your home is beautiful and you totally deserve it!!! So happy everything is going so well. Enjoy that hubby around more too!
This post cracked me up....I kept saying 'ditto' in my head. We just moved and those are all my favorite places to: garage (bliss...especially with winter coming), pantry, walk in closet. I feel so spoiled! Your home is beautiful and your girlies just absolutely gorgeous and adorable!! Love keeping up with your cute family. :)
I am so glad that you posted these pictures of your house! I have been dying to see it. I LOVED the pictures (and the commentary) :). You are so funny. But, it is beautiful. Love everything. How neat you got your grandmother's table. Such a beautiful home. Love it!
Post a Comment