Monday, August 20, 2012

What We've Done

So we have been doing a few things since we've been here in Idaho.  
 We filled up the wading pools and spent lots of time with the hornets outside.  There are a lot of hornets here!  Oh well.  No stings yet.  The girls liked sticking their toes in the water drinking an ice cold drink.  Life doesn't get better than this.
 We also went to the church orchard to pick peaches for the church storehouse.  It is amazing to me how the church is so self-sufficient.  You should have seen these orchards!  So many trees and the peaches were HUGE.  The gave the number of peaches and the number of man hours in church this Sunday.  I can't remember what they were but they were really high.  We loved having a chance to serve.
 Audrey doing some picking.
 Lily hanging out in her stroller.  She was a trooper.  We were there for over two hours and she hardly made a noise.
 Bryan was in his element.  He picked peaches on his grandpas orchard as a boy.  He was the only one smart enough to wear long sleeves.  We were all itchy with the peach fuzz.  Julia thought she was going to lose her mind from the itch.  I can assure you that she was possibly being a little overly dramatic believe it or not.
 We could "glean" some of the mushy ones.  Luckily there were some overripe ones.  Best peaches ever.  SO SO yummy.
 Even Lily loved them.  How could you not!?
 Audrey posing in front of our hard work.
 Hey look!  Even I made a picture.  That Lily is not light in case you were wondering.
 We also made a trip to the Boise River walk.  It is so beautiful there and kind of reminds me of Columbus in a way.  Lots of trees.  There were so many people floating down the river.  We need to do that one of these days.  The girls would love it.

 Julia took a picture of us.  Audrey got a little cut off.
 We ended up walking farther than we should.  Bryan and I both regretted wearing flip flops.  Oh well, you live and learn.
 Since leaving Ohio I've had to find new exercise buddies.  I have to say their endurance is sub-par but their enthusiasm is fantastic.  We exercise in swimming suits by the way.  Why, don't you?

1 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Ok so I think your girls have gotten it down-hanging out by the pool and working out in swimsuits :). I am glad Bryan at least wore long sleeves, but I am wondering why he didn't give you a heads up to spare you the itching! You guys have done a lot of fun stuff!